Chapter 10: Job

It was March, the Sakura petals drifted with the wind as the clouds cleared, the sun out. But despite spring almost here, it was a chilly morning.

Eren and Mikasa walked to school, holding hands. Mikasa wore her red scarf and she wore her white casual dress and soft warm pink jacket.

Since she was starting to show, the school bent a rule of her not having to wear her uniform

She was 4 months pregnant now, and her belly was already swollen a bit. She had her hand on her stomach, gently rubbing it.

"Were you able to find a job yet?", she asked Eren softly. "None yet...but don't worry, I'll find one", Eren assured.

"But more importantly, how are you feeling?", asked Eren worriedly.

"I'm all right, morning sickness stopped, I've read the third, fourth and fifth months are the easiest", replied Mikasa.

She studied a lot already, having several books with her all the time. She was handling her pregnancy amazingly well.

She never complained or anything. She studied all the time about it. And most noticing, either one or both of her hands were always on her stomach.

She grew extremely attached to her baby already.

They soon arrived at the school, seeing Rubi and Armin.

"Hey guys", Armin waved smiling. "Hey", Mikasa smiled.

"How's our mommy feeling?", Rubi asked sweetly. "I'm fine", Mikasa smiled back.

"We got a huge test today", alerted Armin. "Yeah, we're aware. We were able to get some studying in last night", assured Eren.

The group walked inside, as they did Eren watched Mikasa worriedly. He never took his eyes off of her

One could even say he watched her like a hawk. He was certainly the paranoid daddy. He watched every move she made.

Eren heard a saying where a father doesn't become a father until he sees his baby. What bullshit that was, he thought.

Seeing how fragile and tired Mikasa was, it had sunk in fully for him they were going to be parents.

Eren knew he had to get a job, and fast. Mikasa opened her locker, getting more books out. She went to put them in her bag.

"Give me", Eren said then. Mikasa blinked. "Eren, it's not that heavy, really", she assured.

"Hand it over", Eren said firmly, but he was smiling.

Mikasa blushed, but she gave in and handed him her heavy bag. Under normal circumstances, she would be a lot more stubborn.

But since becoming pregnant, Mikasa changed a bit. She was no longer reckless or stubborn. At least, for now.

She only thought of keeping her baby healthy and safe, which was natural. She was much more careful with her movements. Eren liked the way she was now.

It was like he could finally see a glimpse of the happy 9 year old girl he knew all those years ago. She was back.

His happy, sweet Mikasa was back.

When they entered the classroom, they sat down at their desks, the teacher still not in.

"I cannot believe she's making us do a test this hard!", complained Ymir. "Mikasa, how are you feeling?", Krista asked kindly.

"I'm all right Krista, thanks for asking", Mikasa assured.

"Whoa, you're getting a bit big already..and you're only 4 months..?", Sasha asked, eating three rice balls.