Chapter 2: Mikasa's Attachment

HIGH SCHOOL ARC COMING SOON

It was morning, Eren stirred. He opened his eyes to see Mikasa was curled up in his arms. He looked down worriedly, as he gently stroked her hair.

They had a long tough night. After the police arrested the gang members, Mikasa had a bad night.

She had a bad nightmare that caused her to break into a violent fit. She even hurt herself, by banging her head on the wall in her sleep.

It was so bad, Eren thought it was a seizure. The family went to the hospital, and the doctors gave Mikasa a medicine to completely knock her out so she could get much needed sleep.

They got home at 3 in the morning, and Mikasa had been out like a light since.

Eren glanced over at the clock, it was 10 in the morning. Also it was Saturday.

He then carefully untangled himself from Mikasa, and got out of bed. She remained dead limp in bed.

Eren very gently brushed her hair out of her eyes, and tucked her in.

He also made sure her anime doll was by her. She still wore that red scarf.

Eren sighed softly, and went downstairs. Carla was making breakfast, and Grisha had went to work.

"Hey mom", Eren said. "Eren? I didn't expect you to be up yet", Carla admitted, surprised.

Eren walked into the kitchen, sitting down. Carla looked at her son worried.

"Is Mikasa still sleeping?", she asked. "Yeah, but shouldn't we wake her to eat?", Eren asked.

"It's best we let her sleep. She could be out for a couple days. She's just been through something...horrible", Carla cringed a little as she said this.

No one could get over yet what happened last night.

Eren nodded, he turned the TV on, and the news was on.

He then gawked, seeing their neighborhood on the TV.

"In this seemingly peaceful neighborhood, a double homicide happened around 8 PM last night", the newest caster announced.

Carla watched as well, anxiously.

"In this neighborhood, the bodies of Herrick and Akane Ackerman were found, shot in their home. The killers were indeed caught. They were wanted gang members from several towns away", the news caster continued.

"In the middle of this brutal crime is a young 9 year old girl who was left parentless. A close friend and neighbor of the family decided to take her in".

Eren clicked the TV off then. "Mom...", he said then. "Yes Eren?", asked Carla.

"Why? Why would they do something like that? Mikasa's parents...never hurt anyone", Eren said.

Carla sat down beside her son then.

"I don't know honey. Evil people live in this world, and they will target any innocent bystander, for no logical reason", she replied.

"I'm just so glad Mikasa is okay...", Eren admitted. Carla looked at her son softly.

"Eren, it was very reckless and stupid what you did last night...", she started.

"I know mom, but if I hadn't gotten there, Mikasa would hav-" Eren started but his mother cut him off.

"But", she cut him off gently. Eren stopped, looking at her.

"I'm very proud of you. That was extremely brave, what you did", she said then.

Eren looked at her. "Eren..let me ask you something", Carla said. Eren nodded, listening.