Chapter 12: Beach Time

It was morning, and much to Eren and Mikasa's relief, it was summer vacation.

Mikasa was 7 months pregnant now. She had gotten very big. And while she was beginning to struggle a little bit, she still handled it well.

The group had plans to go to the beach for the day. It was June, and summer vacation didn't last long where they lived, so they had to make the best of it.

They'd be back in school by late July.

"I can't believe how hot it is!", said Rubi, fanning herself. She and Mikasa were getting dressed in Mikasa's room, while Armin and Eren were in Eren's room, all of them packing and getting ready to leave.

"It's the hottest summer yet, Grisha even had to install an air conditioner in each bedroom", Mikasa sat on the bed, eating a Choco Cornet cutely.

It was her latest craving, and boy was it a constant craving. She had grown addicted to them, her and the baby.

It was a quite tasty dessert, it was warm, soft bread in the shape of a seashell filled with chocolate.

"Are you going to swim?", asked Rubi. "Of course, I can't stand this heat", Mikasa admitted, she even had to take her scarf off. It was neatly folded on her desk.

"Carla bought me a swimsuit that will fit", she added, she went to get up, but Rubi quickly helped her.

Mikasa got it out of her dresser, it was a dark blue one piece and rather cute.

"So, how are you and Armin?", Mikasa asked, as she began to get dressed into her swimsuit.

"What do you mean? What about us?", asked Rubi, as she got her swimsuit out. It was a two piece, and a burgundy color.

"You know...", Mikasa said. "What?", asked Rubi confused.

"You bought a new swimsuit, to impress Armin", Mikasa said, she said it so nonchalantly and calm. Rubi turned bright red.

"Mikasa! Knock it off!", Rubi blushed, nervously.

"I'm just saying, you two are so shy about it still", said Mikasa as Rubi helped her clip her bathing suit on.

"We are not! We kiss, make out, go out...", Rubi pointed out. "And hold hands, but whenever someone points out you're dating, you get so blushy and nervous", Mikasa said.

Rubi blushed. "See?", Mikasa frowned.

"We can't help it! We haven't known each other or dated for as long as you and Eren", Rubi said, still very red.

"That's true", Mikasa admitted, she finished putting her swim suit on, along with a white jacket around her shoulders.

"It's not too tight, is it?", Rubi asked concerned. "Not at all, I'm shocked Carla could find one my size", Mikasa admitted, placing a hand on her swollen belly, the baby kicking.

The girls packed some towels, sun screen, and money for the snack shack there, which served lunch, snacks, ice cream and cold beverages.

"Okay, I think we're all packed", said Rubi. Mikasa ate some more of her Choco Cornet cutely, as they went downstairs, meeting with the boys and Eren's mom.

Eren instantly hurried up then, to help Mikasa down. "Mikasa, easy! Don't rush. You don't have any pain do you?", he fretted like crazy.

"Eren, I'm fine!", Mikasa assured him, for the tenth time that day.

Eren looked at her, and he blushed, she looked very cute in her swimsuit. Pregnancy really did suit her.

"We all ready guys?", asked Carla smiling. "Yep", said Armin, holding a beach ball.