Chapter 11: Pregnancy

It was a Saturday, Eren got up early to head to work. He got Sundays, Thursdays and Tuesdays off. He hurried downstairs, seeing Mikasa was eating breakfast at the table.

"Eren, you slept in", she pointed out.

"I know! I screwed around on my game last night! Damn it!", Eren quickly grabbed a piece of toast.

"What time are you getting back?", asked Mikasa.

"Around 1, its only part time today", Eren then kissed Mikasa softly, his hand affectionately rubbing her swollen belly.

"I'm sorry Mika...I can't make it for the ultrasound, Levi is killing me", Eren apologized.

"It's fine, Rubi and Carla are taking me, it will also be a girls day since we're doing some shopping for the nursery", Mikasa assured, smiling.

"All right, I'll be back this afternoon", Eren hurried out then.

"Mikasa, sweetie have you and Levi patched things up yet?", Carla asked curiously as she gave Mikasa some more eggs and toast.

"No..", replied Mikasa simply, as she drank some milk.

She was five months pregnant now, and her tummy was getting quite big. And naturally her breasts went from a size C to a size D.

"Honey, I know it's not my place, but he is your cousin. And you told me he felt bad", Carla sat down at the table with Mikasa.

Mikasa sighed softly. "I know, you're right Carla. It's just...I need some more time", Mikasa said softly.

She couldn't help but still feel bitter. The fact Levi never contacted her all that time, even before Petra, Mikasa could not help but feel hurt.

"I understand, if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here", Carla assured. Mikasa smiled, nodding.

"I know, thank you Carla", she said. Carla smiled. "Honey, I'm still so touched. Naming your little baby after me...", she said.

"Carla, you took me when like I was your own. You're like a mother to me", Mikasa smiled.

By around 8 AM, the girls went to the hospital for Mikasa's ultrasound. Carla and Mikasa met up with Rubi there.

"Hey Rubi", Mikasa smiled. "Hey, whoa...you're getting big, mommy", Rubi noticed, surprised.

"I know, we know its not twins but Eren's worried the baby is oversized", Mikasa replied.

"I agree with him...come on, let's get inside", said Rubi.

Across town, Eren was mopping the wooden floor at the coffee shop.

"How's my cousin feeling?", Levi asked as he leaned against the counter. Petra was the waitress, and Oluo was the waiter.

Eld was was baker and so was Gunther. Levi was the manager, while Hanji washed dishes and helped clean.

"She's getting bigger of course, shes also a bit more tired, but other than that she's doing really well", replied Eren.

"No problems? You said her ribs were damaged...does that cause issues for this?", Levi asked.

"Well..yeah. But it will only effect the delivery. Right now we're a little worried the baby is oversized", said Eren.

He dipped the mop in the pail of water. "Oversized?", asked Levi, worried.

"I'll know more later today, but we really think so", replied Eren, a worried look in his eyes.

Levi sighed. "She still won't answer my calls"

"She's pretty sore Levi. You didn't contact her all that time, its not going to blow over quick", Eren said.