Chapter 22: Amusement Park

Mikasa froze, looking at her daughter. "What?", she asked surprised. "I want a little brother or sister", repeated Carly simply.

"Where'd this come from honey?", asked Mikasa surprised, she sat on the couch with her daughter.

"Well..I don't have a lot of friends...only Mamoru. And well...I want to be a big sister! I want to teach my little brother or sister everything I know", explained Carly.

Mikasa looked down, thinking. She hadn't realized it until now...but she really wanted another baby. Carly was already 4 years old, soon she was going to be 5.

Her and Eren were both still young, barely 21. Financially they were doing okay.

"I'll talk to daddy about it, okay sweetie?", Mikasa said softly. "Okay!", Carly looked excited, as she headed upstairs.

Just then the front door opened, Eren entering. "Eren? You're home early", Mikasa said surprised, coming over.

"Yeah, let's say I got some time off", Eren gently kissed Mikasa.

"Time off..?", asked Mikasa worriedly.

Eren sat down. "It took him 4 years but your cousin finally snapped", he revealed.

Mikasa's heart sunk.

"What happened?", she asked anxiously, she sat beside her husband.

"Luckily nothing major...he broke the shop's front window. He decided to finally take time off from work. He gave us all huge bonuses", Eren showed Mikasa the check.

Mikasa looked down then. "You should go talk to him tomorrow Mika", Eren said softly.

"I will...Eren...this is a lot of money", said Mikasa.

"Yeah I'm not sure what we will do with it...hey! Maybe we can go to Universal!", Eren said excitedly then.

"Eren", Mikasa smiled but gave him a look.

"Well, we got enough here! What did you have in mind?", asked Eren.

"Well..we could use some of it for a simple local amusement park...", she started. "And...?", asked Eren.

Mikasa hesitated, biting her lip.

"Eren...Carly asked me for something...", she started. Eren paled.

"Oh god she doesn't want a puppy does she?", asked Eren worriedly. He personally loved dogs, but their current situation wasn't proper for a pet.

Between Eren at work, Mikasa taking care of Carly, a pet would just be neglected.

"No, not a puppy", Mikasa's eyes seemed to say something...bigger.

"A kitten?", asked Eren.

"No, although I wouldn't be surprised if she threw that at us when she's a bit older, she loves cats", Mikasa said.

"Well what?! A horse?! Spill it Mika!", Eren said, panicked.

"Bigger than a horse...she wants a sibling", Mikasa revealed then.

Eren paled, and he froze. "A sibling?", he asked stunned.

"She surprised me too...she's at that age where...she wants to be the responsible big sister", explained Mikasa softly.

Eren looked at his wife. "Well..what do you think?", he asked. Mikasa held a piece of her scarf.

"I actually would love to have another baby. Carly is 4, almost 5...it feels like the right time", Mikasa said softly. Eren looked at her, he smiled then.