Chapter 45

Guys.........HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (for you Canadians anyways ;) ) I wish you all a great last day of the long weekend and time with your families and friends! What's better than updating on Thanksgiving, eh? Haha anyways, I think I'll finish the entire story for y'all today. How's that sound? The last update will be later this evening but for now, here's chapter 45!!!

Alicia's POV

It was all so different. Why had I thought it would be the same? It had been 6 days since I had left the UK, flown back to my hometown, and reunited with the Rileys. Kami had acted like it had been only yesterday since I had seen her, but a great change had come over her and she was no longer the friend I had been so close to and cherished. She was obsessed with her boyfriend, Jared, and flighty. It seemed she didn't remember a single thing from our past together, and to be honest, it sent another bolt of pain through me. It seemed I was destine for a life filled with broken pieces and promises.

I missed Landon more than words could express. Not once had we talked, and I felt myself earning for his voice and touch, but I'd always swallow hard. It was time to move on. Things had changed and I somehow had a new life to build. Somehow.

Morgan: hey, I miss u so much!

Morgan was one thing that seemed constant in my messed up world right now. Me: I miss u more than ever too! Come see me?

Morgan: haha, wish I could Ali :( How are things?

Me: just great....but not really

Morgan: it must be hard. I sure hope things improve. Please stay in touch!

Me: of course, always! <3

I was trying so hard to forget, but nothing was working. They say it gets easier. I sure hope so.

“Alicia Carter!” I heard Kami's shriek coming from the hallway and rolled my eyes in irritation. I had felt like her personal slave all weekend.

“What is it?” I said coolly as she burst into my room half dressed.

“Help me figure out what dress to wear under my gown,” she whined and pulled my arm with such force back down the hall.

When we got into her room, the door shut with a slam and I could see clearly her dilemma. Dresses of every colour and style laid strewn on her bed in such a messy manner. The rest of her bedroom looked as if a natural disaster had ripped through it only seconds before.

“I just don't know which one,” she rambled, “and it's got to be the perfect one that will look just right and fit just right. Jared has to like it too,” she added quickly causing me to groan inwardly.

I began to hold up certain ones, that she quickly dismissed with a head shake. It was becoming apparent to me that I was going to have to find an exceptional one to satisfy her. I slipped down the hall back to my room, knowing which one I was going to take for her. Who would've known my past best friend would have turned into such a whiny, reckless individual.

When I found the gorgeous midnight blue I had worn to my own graduation, I made my back to her. As soon as she laid eyes on it, it was as if there was nothing else in the room. Her hands reached out and snatched it and an excited expression took over her face.

“Yes, yes! This is perfect!”

I sat on her bed like some sort of invisible presence, only there to offer a 'yes' or a 'no' or a compliment to Kami buzzing around her room like a whirlwind. Her hair was piled on the top of her head in curls and she had a thick coat of makeup on that I didn't quite understand. She had never used to be like that.