Chapter 31

Giggles escaped from the hidden face of the flaming, redheaded girl as Landon hauled her in the house, wrapped in the blanket.

“It's like 1am,” she laughed as he tore off her boots and coat.

“I know, that's why you've got to be as quiet as possible,” he replied.

Alicia wriggled out of his grip and flew up the steps, the blanket flapping behind her.

“I can't! I'm so giddy!”

He found her antics rather humorous and forced himself up the stairs after her quickly. She let out a contained shriek as she flung open the door to her bedroom and attempted to send it slamming in his face, but he stopped it with his arm and burst in. She stumbled on her way towards the bed, steadying herself just as he reached her and threw her on the bed. Landon climbed up and over her, his knees on either side of her hips, and assaulted her with tickles. She laughed and snorted, rolling every which way to escape his attack on her.

“Stop, stop,” she managed to spew, her clothes wrinkled and twisted.

He obeyed almost immediately, his eyes glittering down at her, a darker blue than normal. He roughly pushed his lips onto hers, their mouths moving in sync. He slid his hands under her back, bringing her closer to him. They seemed to mold together as one, enjoying the quiet, early morning hours in each others embrace. He finally pulled away from her, their breath ragged and she laughed shakily.

“Why did you quit?” she whined.

He chuckled at her eagerness and desire and smoothed her hair away from her hot forehead.

“In case you forgot, I remembered we had to breathe.”

She punched him playfully in the chest and he fell over softly beside her.

“I guess I should find my bedroom. It is 2 in the morning and I ought to get used to the school routine again.”

He sat up and threw his legs over the bed, but she tugged him back by his shirt so he fell into her.

“Stay....please?”

He couldn't help the smile that took control of his mouth. “All night?”

“Yes,” she breathed, rubbing the shirt material between her palms.

He pressed a quick kiss to her lips. “Just a little eager, are we?”

Her face flushed a deeper colour than normal. A warm, genuine laugh sounded in their closed space as he stood to go open the windows. A cold blast of fresh air wafted in and she breathed a sigh of contentment.

“That feels so good. It was so hot in here a few minutes ago.”

He turned back to her, crossing his arms over his chest after he disposed of his shirt. “Oh sorry, should I leave?”

He laughed again at the look of embarrassment that crossed her face and she rushed to hide herself in the pillows of her bed. He could hear her soft, suppressed giggles. He sat down again and stared at her.

“Ugh, you'll be the death of me,” she groaned. “I'll be back, I just got to get changed.”

“You can change right here,” he smirked, but she waved him off.

“Don't be such a pervert. I'm going to the bathroom.” And with that, she exited the room.

In a couple minutes she returned, flicked off the lights and climbed into the bed beside him. He wrapped his arms around her torso and pulled her closer. She yawned and buried her nose in his chest. A chuckle vibrated through him at her cuteness.

“Thanks for the wonderful night,” she whispered into the dark. “It was the best experience in a long time.”

“It was my pleasure,” he murmured. “I got something out of it too.”

“And what would that be?”

He could hear the smile in her voice. He didn't even need to think twice.

“You, love.”

Sorry it's short, but it's all I could do at the moment since I just got back! Later!