New Life

mari-

Maybe I should just move on? After all the shit that has happened you would think I did. Right? Wrong. I can't even cope right. I'm upset, confused, and MOVING? Mom just came into my room and told me we were moving in two days. How did I not know about this? After mom left my room Kat my twin sister came in. "Wow Mari looks like our dreams are coming true." She says crossing her arms over her chest. "How?" I asked concerned. She put one hand on my shoulder. "We're moving to New Jersey." She says with a sigh of relief. "That's all the way across country. We live in California." I say not so enthused. "Mar we're only going to be like an hour away from New York, we'll finally be able to spend New Years in Time Square, we've been dreaming of this day since we were 6 years old." She says smiling like a maniac. I sighed. "I guess it'll be a cool new experience." I say with a slight smirk. She then goes into the closet and grabs our bags and luggage. "Start packing." She says and walks out. I lay out some clothes for the next few days and put them in my bookbag along with other necessities. Then throw my other clothes and valuables in luggages or boxes. The mover is coming tomorrow and we leave tomorrow night and we'll be landing by Monday. Yup just in time to sign up for school. It's June. New High school. New people. New opportunities. Everything is going to be so different. Kat spends all her time telling her friends and I decide to text Lucy. She flips out and screams. "I HAVE TO COME WITH." She screams into the phone. "I wish you could." I say seriously. She screams again. "I'm coming with. See ya in ten." I hang up. Then right on cue she shows up and mom greets her. Of course Lucy tells mom and mom laughs but Lucy gives her a death look. "Ms Lynne, my mom hates me. She wouldn't care. I even have the money for the ticket. I'd get a job and help with my fees." My mom nods her head. "I guess if your mom doesn't care and Mari already knows. I'm completely fine with it." Lucy begins jumping up and down then runs into my room and drags me out the house back to hers. I wait in her room. "Just leave Lucy I don't care anymore." Lucy's mom says. Lucy runs into her room giggling and begins packing, I help her out and take her bags. My mom was actually outside waiting and we loaded her bags into the car then into the house. Lucy hands my mom the money for the ticket and has her passport in handy. My mom just smiles then Lucy helps me finish packing. "Just imagine Mari. New Boys. New friends. New life." She sounds just like Kat who is currently blasting music in the shower. Lucy and I dance around crazily and once Kat is dressed she joins in. We dance until our legs tire out. Then we all decide to sleep. I now cannot wait to leave tomorrow night. Maybe Kat and Lucy are right. New Boys. Leaving the old douchebag that just dumped me behind.