I wanna visit dad

-Mari-
It's November 15th. It's been 13 years. Almost to the hour. For once I'm not drinking my feelings away. I'm letting them flow. All I can think of though is how I want to go see him. I can't get a flight to Tennessee though. Mom would flip out. Not only would she flip out, I'd be alone. No one will go with me. Kat and Carter are busy moving in together. Lucy and Dylan are already moved in together and taking care of Marcy. Who is literally only 10 days old. That was the big news a week ago though. Dylan bought the perfect apartment and Lucy and Marcy live there with him. Liam and I are the only two left. Mom's still with her boyfriend from last year. I hope they last. She's so happy with him. They're out right now. Which is why I'm alone. On my parents anniversary. Overthinking everything. How it was my fault. Even though last time I seen dad he told me it wasn't. I really need to drive out. I didn't even think about anymore. I'm going to do it. I packed my bag and grabbed my keys. Leaving a note on the counter so maybe mom wouldn't flip out to much. Then grabbed Max and headed out the door. I put Max in the passenger seat and noticed Liam pull into the driveway. I already drove off. I just kept going he would only stop me. I looked back and his car was gone. Where'd it go? Max fell asleep in the car. I drove onto the highway towards Tennessee. I knew what I was about to do. I made my exit and noticed a car similar to Liam's. I shrugged it off and made my way down the road. I was only about 3 hours from my destination. I stopped for gas and bought some mountain dew and airheads. My literal obsession. I also bought some beef jerky for Max. Liam got him to like it. I headed out the little gas station and filled my car. My phone has been turned off the entire day. I wonder if anyone has noticed my absence. Probably not. Then I noticed something the same car that has been following me is now here. Probably coincidental. Even though it did look exactly like Liam's. The tank filled and I drove off. Munching on a few airhead bites. The car was on my tail again. I looked in the rearview mirror. I could barely see the person. They were wearing a black sweatshirt with their hood up. I was only an hour from destination when I decided to stop again and see if the person stopped to. Then I pulled out my phone and called Liam. The car was right there and then he answered his phone. "I see you." I mumbled into the phone then hung up and drove off. Liam still followed, he had no idea where I was going. I reached the graveyard parked my car and went to his grave. Instantly my dad's figure was on the gravestone. I smiled up at him. "I brought him dad. Actually he brought himself." I looked over at Liam who hesitantly stepped towards me. He crept closer and I kept talking to dad. "He followed me to visit you. He had no idea I was coming here though." Liam reached the gravestone "Christopher Peter Lynne." He read out loud. I smiled hearing my dad's name was wonderful. Dad sat there his arms crossed over his chest examining Liam. "He's perfect." Dad mumbled. I wiped away and tear and said "I know." Back to my dad. "You know what?" I forgot Liam couldn't see him. "That you're perfect." "Who told you that?" "My dad did." Liam's eyebrows furrowed. I laughed lightly at his reaction. He stood there in shock and then he looked me in the eye and went "He's here?" I nodded at him. Liam smiled. "I can see him in your eyes." Liam then pulled me into a hug. "You look like him." Liam said. I nodded and started crying. "I really miss you dad." I mumbled when I let go of Liam. Dad shook his head. "I'm always here. Just look around I never leave." Then i realized. Liam never seen him in person. He seen him in me.