Caught in the Act

-Lucy-

My mom arrives today. TODAY! Mari and Kat are both stressed as much as I am. James is coming to. My 17 year old brat of a twin. Yup Kat and Mari aren't the only twins. I just hate mine and we have nothing in common. He's mom's favorite because he's little mr perfect. Or as I like to call him little mcdouchepants. Mrs Lynne is setting up for the arrival. The house is perfectly spotless but she knows how much of a judgmental uptight bitch my mom is. "Thanks Mrs Lynne." I politely show my gratitude. "For what sweety?" She asked innocently pushing her brunette blonde hair back behind her ears. "For treating me more like a daughter than the woman who is about to walk through those doors." I say hugging Mrs Lynne who is smiling wider than I've ever seen. Then my mom just barges in. "Lucy, Lucy where the hell are you?" My mom shouts from the door. "Right here." Bitch. "Hello Ms Marksen, James. Nice seeing you guys again." Mrs Lynne politely greets the assholes I sadly am related to. "Cut the shit Cait." Markensen blurts. James chuckles with her. Mrs Lynne's eyes shrink. "Lucille, James and I have been thinking. Well we think that you should come back with us." THIS BITCH! I will not go back with them! Ever I am turning 18 soon and I will be legal. Screw them I am done standing down with them! "Sorry Patty that won't work. Lucy isn't going anywhere." Mrs Lynne? Nope It was Mari. "What was that Mari?" Patty retorts. Mari repeats. "Ms Markensen I think it's best you just leave." Kat says opening the door and pushing them out. "Fine have it your way! Fuck Lucille she's worthless anyway!" Patty screams. Ouch that stung considering I am her only daughter. Kat shuts the door and Mari pulls me into a hug. "Glad that's over. Wine girls?" Mrs Lynne. I mean mom. Offers us some. We shake our heads. "Go ahead you deserve to get drunk. Even though it's not even 12 in the afternoon." Mom laughs a little and walks into the kitchen. "Well thanks girls, you're the best!" I say to Mari and Kat who are standing in front of me questionably. "Anything for a sister." They say in unison. I choke back my tears which Mari notices and mouths me to spill it out. Then just like that I breakdown. My mother thinks I'm worthless. My brother is an asshole. My real family is nothing to me. I guess blood isn't always thicker than water. Cause Kat, Mari, and Mom just made a tidal wave. I respect and love them so much for this. I always knew they were the right ones. I don't regret anything with them. Mom walks into the living room and hands me a glass. "Cheers sweetie you need it." I take a sip and we clink glasses. It tasted bubbly yet sweet and delicate. Like Dylan's lips. Oh Dylan I'd love to see him right now. Which I guess I can. He just walked in. "Surprise, we're going out I just got Carter's text from Kat." Dylan says taking my hand and leading me out to his car. We leave for an unknown date. Or at least it was unknown for me. A mystery. My favorite.