I guess youre right

-Mari-

Is it just me or is New Jersey better than California. So far we start school in 2 days and of course the three girls decide to go shopping last minute. Which means sales prices! We run into Pac Sun and buy as many tops we can. Vans and buy shoes and more flannels. Deb for some skirts. Yes skirts, a new style for Senior Year. Pink for underwear bras and leggings. Sales, sales, sales. Oh how I love shopping. Secretly, I guess I have a tiny girly side. Not that big of a deal. By the time we finish shopping, each of us has about 10 bags each. Totally worth it. Now time for ice cream! Cold Stone it is. I of course get peanut butter delight. Lucy gets Chocolate Vanilla swirl. Kat get's plain chocolate with sprinkles. "So Mari our birthday is in 3 weeks!" It was true Kat and I are turning 18 September 21st. Yes the first day of fall. We're cool like that. "We have to have a big New Jersey party!" Kat screams. I nod. Or maybe we can move the party to New York. Just a suggestion that I keep bottled up. I know Kat would never want that and I don't want to upset her. Besides she cares more about this social status stuff than I do. I'll let her shine. We grab our ice cream and walk out. We eat outside and discuss party plans with Lucy. "I think we should have it in a club in New York." Kat suggest. Did she read my mind? Twin problems? "No Mari I didn't read your mind! I wanted to have a New York party to." She says in defense. "Uh you kinda just read it when you said you didn't." I said trailing off topic. Kat just smiled and ate her ice cream. "It's a great idea! We can have the three guys invite some people and if we make friends in school we'll invite them." Lucy suggests. "Yes!" I scream in agreement and then we leave Cold Stone for home to start planning. Lucy calls Dylan and Dylan brings Carter and Liam. We all sit on the floor with a list and then planning begins. "Well you guys are regulation hotties you'll make plenty of friends." Dylan bluntly says. Lucy laughs with him. "Thanks..?" Liam and I both say questionably. Carter and Kat just look clueless. "I guess." I say sounding a bit insecure. Liam kisses my nose. "You're beautiful Mar." He says which helps a lot. He plays with my fingers and I get distracted by his amusement. "Hey Mar are you living? I mean this is only our 18th birthday we're discussing." Kat says pulling me out of my own world. "Sorry what?" I said sounding dumbfounded. "Kat was saying if we had the party at club we'd have to find one with an awesome DJ." Lucy fills me in. "Yeah, of course." I say once again distracted by Liam. "Ugh!" Kat whines. She's more of the planner. I could care less, as long as Liam is there. He continues playing with my fingers. He's the cutest I cant get enough. My mom walks in the door from work into our room to greet us. "Hey girls." She sounds worn out. "Hey mom there's tea downstairs and cupcakes freshly baked if you want any." I offer her and she mouths thank you and walks out the room. "I guess you're right Mari." Kat says. "About what?" "Everything." Liam entwines our fingers and rubs his thumb against mine. "I hope mom is okay." I mumble to where no one can hear me. Kat and Lucy continue planning and Dylan makes some calls to clubs. "I found the perfect one!" Dylan says. Kat squeals and Lucy kisses Dylan's cheek. "It'll be $700 for the DJ and to rent out the club. trust me the club is huge but I know a guy and he's giving you it cheap." "Thanks that's really sweet of him!" Kat politely says. I guess it's planned. "So that's a plan!" Kat and Lucy scream excitedly. "I guess you're right." Dylan says. Liam kisses my cheek. "This should be fun." He mumbles and I smile at him and poke his cheek softly.