silent night

-Mari-
I snuck out again. We're still in Tennessee and I've gone to the grave every day since I went the first time. By myself or with Lucy. Today I was by myself. I didnt even bring Brooklyn, Mitchie was riding with her uphill with Kat and Lucy. Aunt Lizzy and mom stayed home and watched movies having some wine. I approached the tomb stone, dad was already sitting there like he knew I was coming. I waved at him. "Hello princess." He said to me. "Hi daddy." "How's my little Marilyn?" He smiled widely. "I'm okay daddy, I'm glad to visit you." I said and Daddy just shook his head. "You've come everyday and talked to me Marilyn." I smiled he was right. I can't help it though. I'm taking every chance I get.
-Flashback-
Daddy came home that day smiling. It was mine and Kat's third birthday. He had a big box in his arms. He smiled at curious little me. "Don't little Mars this isn't for you." I giggled at daddy. Mommy walked in smiling and Dad handed her the box. She brought it into the living room and set it on the floor. Kat and I attacked the box. Daddy laughed gently as we ripped the spongebob wrapping paper off. It was a 3 foot barbie doll. It had curly hair like Kat and blonde hair like me. Kat and I hugged daddy and mommy. Then we both played with the barbie. Kat was fixing her hair and I painted her nails purple. Mom made tacos and pizza, mine and Kat's favorite foods. We went into the backyard and played in the field. Brooklyn and Black Beauty were babies just like us. They were only a year old. They stayed in their stables, watching Kat and I pick some violets and bring them inside. "Look daddy! They're blue you're favorite color!" Kat screamed. Daddy took them and immediately put them in a vase. Kat and I smiled at the small gesture. Daddy is so sweet. Daddy knows how to make us all feel good.
-Present day-
"Mars I'm still here." Daddy snapped me out the trance. "Thinking of the good ole days?" He questioned, I shook my head. Tears threatened to escape and daddy shook his head once again and crossed his arms over his chest. "The days are still good. Daddy is always here." He said putting his hand on my shoulder. The tears escaped slowly. Daddy stepped back blew a kiss and disappeared. Like he always would when he knew I was about to leave. The tears then flowed down my cheeks. I walked away from the graveyard and back towards the ranch. Mitchie was at the gate, her little arms at her side. Her blue eyes lit up as she ran into my arms. I hugged her and rested her head on my shoulders. "Did you see him?" Mitchie knew where I was. I nodded and she lifted her head and kissed my cheek. "Love you Marilyn." "Love you too Michelle." I kissed her little head. She played with my hair and I carried her inside, the second I walked in I was able to smell the steak. Uncle Barry stood at the stove cooking. Mitchie sniffed out the food with her little nose, I still held her in my arms. Her arms wrapped around my neck, not letting me go. Uncle Barry turned his head and shook his head at me. "She's already controlling you?" I nodded slightly and Mitchie giggled at her dad. I took her into her room where she decided to finally jump down. Then ran into her closet. I wonder what she'll pull out this time. She dragged out a barbie. It looked like the one Kat and I once had. Then I noticed the nail polish and messed up pigtails. It was our barbie. Mitchie smiled. "I named her Katilyn." I smiled at her. "It's yours and Kats name put together." I giggled at the name. She still looked the same just a little worn out, probably from Mitchie playing with her. The barbie sat there on the side and Mitchie came over little cups of water and oreos for her tea party. "Cheers to a new start." For a six year old Mitchie seemed advanced. She's the same age Kat and I were when we lost our dad and left town. That made my heart tighten a little. She still had Barry though and they were close. She probably has a fear of losing him. I mean she might. She has nothing to worry about though. At least I think so. "Hey Marilyn did you know your dad, Uncle Chris was once in a band? with my dad." Mitchie said smiling. I shook my head. "Well uncle Chris did a lot of things. He told me so many stories." I wonder why I've never heard these stories. I guess it's not a big deal. Unless they were secrets. "He also has a few secrets he'd like me to share with you." My heart tightened again. What secrets?