little did you know

-Mari-
I crept out of my bed and noticed a note from Liam. 'Hey babe, sweet dreams. Love you.' I put the note down and smiled. Lucy laid silently in her bed and Kat was on the bean bag covered in a blanket. Okay then Kat? Halloween was over but Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years was approaching. I silently made my way out of the bedroom and went into the shower. I quickly washed myself and pulled on a pair of clean clothes from Kat's room since she was in mine. She wouldn't mind. It was a simple red shirt and cropped grey leggings. I headed out the door and drove off towards Dunkin Donuts. I got a dozen donuts, 4 iced coffees, and a bunch of munchkins. I headed back to the house and noticed mom in the kitchen I walked into the kitchen and kissed her cheek. "Sweetie you're awake it's barely 9a.m?" Mom said sounding surprised. I handed her a coffee and she smiled. "You're such a nice baby girl. I love you." She hugged me close and I hugged her back. "I love you too mom." I said before letting go. I drank my coffee and sat down at the table fiddling with the cloth. I decided to go in the backyard. I sat on the tire swing and swung back and forth carefully. The sky was blue, and the clouds looked puffy. Today was a beautiful day for anything to happen. I didn't move from the swing until I heard the door open and slam. "Well hello sleeping beauty." I said as Lucy walked over to me and smothered me in a hug. "Babe have I ever told you I love you?" She sounded happy. "I think you did once. Why?" I said cheekily. She punched my arm. "Thanks for the coffee and donuts." She said and planted a kiss on my head. I laughed. "Anything to see that beautiful cheeky smile." I said pinching her cheeks. She smiled with her teeth like a maniac and I did the same. We both set our coffee on the bench beside the swing and fell into the grass looking at the sky. "Kat's hungover." Lucy blurted out. I laughed lightly. "Yeah she had to much candy." Lucy said laughing with me. "She got chocolate wasted." We both said laughing. As we laid there for what seemed like forever we finally decided to sit up. "Wanna know something Mari?" Lucy said sounding a bit serious but happy. "Shoot." I said back. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thank you, for honestly everything." I pulled Lucy into a hug and we stayed like that. "Ew dorks quit cheesing." Kat strolled out looking more tired than ever. "IT'S ALIVE." Lucy screamed. Kat groaned. "Shut the fuck up." She mumbled. "Good morning to you too." I said sarcastically. "Oh Mari, I love you. Thanks for the offering." Kat said sipping her coffee peacefully. I just smiled at how accomplished I felt for doing something right. I took a bow jokingly. Kat sat still on the bench and Lucy handed me my coffee. We all took a sip and sat there. Silence was golden. Us girls were deadly. "Let's go see a movie. I wanna see Quijia." Lucy suggested. I nodded in agreement and Kat moaned again. "On one condition." Kat said. "What?" "Let me wake up first." Kat slouched over. Lucy smiled deviously. She went into the house and came back out. She blew a horn and Kat jumped. "Awake now ma'am?" Kat just looked at her evilly and stood up. Kat went inside and Lucy followed. They both came back out dressed and ready to go within a half hour. Lucy had black leggings and a violet top. Kat had a floral top and grey leggings to. We all headed to the movies. Kat drove and Lucy switched channel stations while I sat in the back and danced weirdly. Music played and we all sang along to the radio. Receiving strange looks from cars and a few looks from guys. We laughed at the reactions they gave us. From shocked to in love. Making me think of Liam. I wonder what he'a doing. Probably having a guys day. we arrived at the movie theater and headed to see the movie. After a fee jumps and screams from randoms in the theater the movie ended and we decided to head to the mall to check out some clothes for christmas shopping. I made a list mentally of what I wanted and what I was going to get everyone else. Something extremely special for mom though. She deserves so much more than she gets. She deserves everything she wants. She deserves to have dad back. If only that were possible. I miss my dad. Everyday. I think of him in the morning and before falling asleep. I haven't visited his grave in years and I think I should. It's just to far though. That would be a wonderful gift. A week trip to Tennessee where I could visit dad's grave with mom and Kat. See old childhood friends and spend time with his family. Like before the tragedy struck. How lovely life would be if he were still around. Little did everyone know how much I blame myself for his death. It was my fault. I knew it was.