puppy love

-Mari-
Mom sent me to the pet store to get bird food, for the birds outside. I went inside and noticed a husky puppy. C'mon mom should know me by now. So I decided to call her. "MOM. I FOUND A PUPPY." I screamed through the phone. Mom sighed. "This puppy is your responsibility." I squealed and hung up, then walked towards the cage. An assistant walked by as I looked at the puppy. "Need any help?" She kindly asked. I nodded. "I do actually, I'd like to buy this puppy." I tried to sound responsible and kind. She smiled at me and told me to wait, that she'd bring him out and let me play with him for a bit before buying. I watched as the puppy was escorted out towards me. I instantly began petting it and making baby noises. I was in love at first sight with my new buddy. He wagged his tail and within five minutes I'd be calling him mine. They asked me what I was naming him and I said "Max." The lady nodded and made me sign papers, then pay. I walked out with some bird feed and little Maximus in my arms. I walked to my car and put Max in the seat next to me and started the car. He instantly jumped on my lap and laid there. I drove home with him asleep. Then walked in holding him, while he snored lightly. I smiled at how adorable he was. I headed towards my room, where mom sat on the bed waiting. "What's his name?" She questioned, her smile was wide. I put him down and replied. "Max." She nodded. "Let me guess you called him Maximus Prime?" How'd she know? I nodded and she laughed. "You are you dad's daughter. I laughed with her. "I love you mom." "I love you too, Marilyn." Max yawned and mom smiled at him. She kneeled down to pet him. His tail wagged as she did. He was the cutest thing I've ever seen. My bedroom door opened and Liam walked in. "Hello Ms Lynne." He greeted my mom. "Hello Liam." She stood up and walked out the room. Liam looked at me and smiled and I looked at him. "Who's puppy?" He asked, I picked Max up. "Mine, his name is Max." Max barked quietly. I put him on the bed and he fell asleep again. Liam pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "He's adorable. His mommy is even more adorable though." He then kissed me softly. I deepened the kiss and then we fell into the beanbag. I giggled mid-kiss. Liam outlined circles on my back, it felt so good to be his. "Let's get food." He mumbled next to me. "Where?" I smiled. "There's cupcake mix downstairs. Let's celebrate Max's arrival." This is why I love this boy. "I love you." I said to him. He stopped and looked at me. "I love you more." He then led me down the stairs. We pulled out the cupcake mix and got to work. It ended in a big mess that I got stuck cleaning. No big deal. I was with my favorite person, baking for my new buddy's arrival. Probably the cutest thing ever.