six

DANIEL

jack dragged me to the cafeteria after i put some things in my locker. clearly he's eager for me to meet his boyfriend.

he pulled me up to the table where zach was sitting with three other guys, "hey guys, sorry we're late." jack beamed.

"oh daniel! come sit here!" zach eagerly patted the seat next to him. i cautiously walked over and took a seat where he told me to, looking down to my lap nervously.

"guys, this is daniel, he just moved here." jack said to all of them. "hey daniel, where'd you move from?"

the one with brown hair and grey looking eyes asked me. "portland," i answered quietly.

"oregon or maine?" the bright blonde asked. "oregon." "so, daniel, this is eben, my boyfriend, that's zach's boyfriend, jonah, and corbyn's lonely."

jack explained to me. pointing to each of the boys individually.

"hey! okay, that's just not fair, i just haven't found the right person yet." the blonde, now known as corbyn, defended.

"corbyn's bisexual, so is jonah, the rest of us are gay." zach told me.

"how'd you guys meet daniel?" eben asks. "oh, uh zach and i went out for a bike ride on saturday and we passed his house while they were unloading moving trucks."

"oh, so you like really just moved here? corbyn giggled. his laugh, it made my heart jump.

it was so cute, and it was then that i took in his features. his beautiful blonde hair, and his soft blue eyes, he was really cute.

i just nodded my head to what he said, "yeah, we helped him unpack his stuff and spent a few hours there just talking." jack said to them.

"what took you so long to get here though babe?" eben asked jack. "oh, well we were on our way here but daniel was wondering where his locker was, so we went to find it."

"it's three down from yours." jack told him, grinning at him the whole time.

jack was sat across from me on the end of the table, eben next to him and corbyn on the other side of eben.

zach was in between me and jonah, who had his arm wrapped around him.

"you say it like you're jealous babe, relax." jack smiled, pecking his boyfriends lips quickly.

"daniel's also a junior with us," zach mentioned. i felt a faint blush coming on my face.

i felt awkward. out of place. i don't belong here, i belong in portland. i shouldn't be here.

"yeah daniel, you won't be seeing these guys in any of your classes, they're all seniors." jack added in.

"oh," i say quietly. "so, daniel, tell us about yourself." corbyn says.

CORBYN

i asked daniel to tell us about him because i was intrigued by his appearance, and i wanted to know if he was as cool and interesting as he looked.

"oh, uh, i don't really think there's much to tell." he muttered, but i still heard it. "i'm sure that's not true, c'mon, what was portland like? what were your friends like? and your old school?" i asked.

"well, portland wasn't as glamorous looking as california i can tell you that. it rained a lot, it was cloudy a lot too."

"the section that i lived in, it was very small. everyone knew everyone, and i only had three friends. two seniors one junior, i wasn't exactly popular."

"what do you mean by that?" jonah asked him. "well, to be popular, you either had to be a cheerleader or a football player, and i am neither so,"

"but my family is.. i'd say we're pretty wealthy, so people knew who i was, i just wasn't exactly popular. but i was well known i guess."

"so, what you're trying to say is that i made friends with a rich person? sick!" jack beamed. daniel giggled a little.

his laugh, holy shit, his laugh was the cutest, most precious thing i had ever heard.

i needed to get closer to him. all it took was him laughing and i'm hooked. he was just, beautiful.

i've never seen anyone like him. sure i've dated people, most recent being christina harris.

although we broke up, jonah claims that she's still in love with me. he says she's obsessed. i don't know if i believe that but who knows.

there's just something about daniel that i just, i need to have him.

i need to be with him. he just seems so perfect. i'm so hooked already.

"any hobbies?" jonah asked him. "music, i like drawing and painting too but, music is my biggest passion."

"do you play?" i ask daniel, "yeah, quite a number of instruments actually."

"well i play guitar," i say. "yeah, guitar piano and cello are probably the ones i play the most." daniel told us.

"wait- hold up... you play the cello?" zach spoke, shocked. daniel just nodded with a smile, "yeah, after you guys left, we moved all my instruments into my room, it looks crazy now."

we all talked for the next little while, zach and jonah were being all cuddly with each other, while we all got to know daniel more.

unfortunately, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. we all stood up and split our separate ways. jonah and i made our way to the locker rooms to change for phys. ed, jonah's favourite, not mine. my favourite is science.

after changing, jonah and i walked into the gym, he grabbed a basketball and we made our way to one of the nets.

we talked as we shot some hoops, jonah being way better than me.

i wouldn't say i'm bad at basketball, i just don't always make the basket, jonah somehow always does.

"so, what'd you think of the new kid?" jonah asked me while passing the ball for me to shoot.

i immediately, unintentionally, started blushing, "he's cute." i said quietly. "you like him don't you?"

"yes," i say quickly, breathy. "well i have a feeling he'll be around a lot. zach and jack seem pretty attached to him."

"you're jealous aren't you?" i smirk. he was making that face he does whenever he gets jealous over zach.

"no, protective. territorial. jealous is when you want something that isn't yours, zach is mine. i'm being territorial."

"whatever you say bud." i chuckled, shooting another basket.