thirty

DANIEL

i thought about it for three weeks. although it never changed the dynamic of how we were while i was thinking on it.

we still acted the same. still went places together. spent a lot of time together and with the others.

everything was fine. i was feeling okay. i was feeling good. maybe even happy.

i had been pretty broken for a week, from the news leaking around the school. everyone knew now.

but i got over it. i was feeling better. it didn't bother me as much anymore. i was actually feeling good about myself.

i had come to an answer over the weekend, but i didn't want to tell him until monday, when i saw him.

in the morning, i threw on the green champion hoodie he gave me the night of the party. the one he told me to keep.

i wore it with a pair of jeans that had open kneecaps and rips down the legs. one of my favourite pairs.

i woke black high tops converse as well. i was very happy with my look today.

i drove anna and i to school and walked inside to spot jack and zach. who seemed quite ecstatic to see me.

i thought for a moment that they knew what i was going to tell corbyn. but then i remembered that i told no one. no one knew what i was going to say.

"dani!" jack beamed as he collided into a hug with me.

"hey.." i giggled. greeting zach, and jonah too. "where's corbyn?" i ask. "he's at his locker, just down the hall."

jonah points to the left of us and i spot the blonde at his locker. so i start my way there.

knowing full well that jack and zach were following, dragging jonah with them who was quite confused.

i heard a faint, "because it's daniel and corbyn, it'll obviously be something cute!" come from zach.

i could tell that they had a feeling that i was going to tell him my answer, which is why they were following.

i approached corbyn with a smile. "good morning." i say, "hello.. how are you?" "i am very good, yeah- actually i have a question for you."

CORBYN

i was at my locker, organizing my books seeing as they were a mess.

i was feeling pretty aggravated. august had stopped by my locker. trying, yet again, to get with me.

i just shoved him off. practically yelling at him to knock it off. i had my heart set on daniel. he's the only one i wanted.

august left and i was alone at my locker again, organizing my things when daniel walked up. he was smiling.

oh how i love his smile. woah, holy shit. i love him. i'm in love with him. oh i'm just praying he'll be with me.

"good morning." he says, "hello.. how are you?" i ask him. "i am very good, yeah- actually i have a question for you."

"okay? what's that?" i grew nervous. i took notice to our surroundings. jack, zach, and jonah were a few lockers away, trying to not be conspicuous as they were clearly listening.