thirty seven

CORBYN

"break up with him." he said sternly. "excuse me?" "you heard me. break up with him."

i looked behind him and saw the rest of my family on the couches and chairs, sympathetic expression held to their faces.

"you will break up with him and you will date a girl. no son of mine will be gay. end of story." he spat at me.

"okay first of all, i'm not gay. second of all, no way in hell i'm breaking up with daniel." i fought back.

"yes, you will. you will break up with him and go back to being straight, not gay." "like i said.. i'm not gay. so that means you're right, no son of yours is gay. jordan's straight and i'm bi, not gay." i sassed him.

and then it happened, the exact thing i thought- knew would happen, happened. it hurt way more than i expected.

"ray!" my mom spoke up sternly from the couch. "mom it's fine."

DANIEL

after corbyn dropped me off last night, i spent some time with anna before falling asleep.

this morning, i decided on wearing my favourite hoodie of corbyn's, the green champion one i wore when we officially got together.

i paired it with ripped jeans, as per usual, and some white converses.

this time, i was the one rushing anna, which is weird since that never happens. but anyway, when i got to school i didn't see corbyn like usual.

i saw everyone else, and none of them had seen corbyn either.

"you're sure you haven't seen him? you guys aren't like hiding something from me?" i asked worriedly.

"no. we haven't seen him, daniel." zach answers, the same level of worry as me. well, a little less, but pretty much the same.

the bell rang for us to go to class and i still haven't seen him. so i decided to text him.

baby💘💞

me
corbyn where are you?

me
you're getting me really worried

me
none of the others have seen you

me
corbyn answer me!

me
where the hell are you?!

"he's not answering!" i groan as we sit down in our usual spots in english. "dani, relax. i'm sure he's fine. he probably just slept in."

"yeah.. he's done that before. just calm down, okay?" "guys you don't understand, he came out to his dad yesterday." i stressed.

"wait... isn't his dad like.. homophobic? he's like a classic, strict military dad isn't he?" zach questioned.

i just nodded, "i told him to be careful when he goes home because i didn't want him to get in trouble, he promised he would be extra careful, but he's not here."