seventeen

DANIEL

pulling up to the school, anna and i hopped out and went our separate ways. i met up with jack and corbyn inside.

"jack? what's wrong?" i ask, "that's what's wrong." my eyes followed to where he nodded to and i saw eben quite obviously flirting with a girl. "that's gabbie, the girl i told you and zach about."

"what the hell is wrong with him?" i shake my head in disappointment. jonah and zach soon walk in the doors, straight over to us. "jacky what's wrong?"

jack said nothing, just pointed toward the scene, a few tears escaping his eyes. "corbyn what the hell? why haven't you talked to him yet? why are you just standing here?" jonah freaked.

"what? excuse me jonah, one, i didn't realize that this was apparently my fault in your eyes, and two, should i remind you that i'm a fucking wimp and broke my tailbone over the summer? i can't fucking get in a fight without most likely breaking it again!"

jonah didn't reply, he just marked over to eben. "what the fuck is your problem dude?" "what are you talking about?"

"you have a fucking boyfriend, who you're hurting by very obviously flirting and being all over somebody else!" jonah raged.

"jack, c'mon, let's go." zach says as he and i walk him out of the foyer, past eben who watched as we went by.

"this is your fucking doing! you're hurting someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt!" we heard jonah's voice slowly fade, "he's a dick for acting like this to you jack. you don't deserve it." zach comforted as we walked.

"c-can we go out for lunch today?" jack stuttered as more tears fell. "i totally would jack, but i'm kind of in the middle of a punishment, so i have to stay with jonah." zach said, guiltily.

"daniel?" "of course jack, we'll go somewhere." i nod with a smile. we reached our english classroom and right as we were going in someone's voice called me.

i turned around to see corbyn, i looked back at jack and zach who told me to go while they went to our seats. "hey." i smile at him. "hey. is jack okay?" he asked worriedly. "not exactly, hopefully he will be though... are eben and jonah-"

"they're sort of yelling but so far no fighting." "oh good." we both nod, "so, about last night... i really hope that me kissing you wasn't awkward or anything, i just-" "no no, it's okay. i liked it." i smile nervously.

"oh, okay good. i-i did too." he chuckled. "um, i would ask if you were free tonight but i'm sure you and zach are going to spend it with jack so i'll ask about tomorrow night."

i let out a spirited giggle before i replied. "yes, i am free tomorrow night." "i'll pick you up at six. dress casual." he winked before walking down the hall.

i went into the english class and sat with my two friends, "what did you and corbyn talk about?" jack asked, sniffing.

"nothing important." i say, "not true, anything said between my new otp is important now tell me." jack cracked a tiny grin, i just chuckled, "he asked how you were doing-"

"i'm fine." "he also asked if i was available tomorrow night." "tomorrow night? why not tonight?" jack questioned, "because he had a feeling that i'd be with you tonight, and i have that same feeling."