thirty nine

ZACH

jonah came back a few minutes later with a meal prepared and he set it in front of me.

"thank you baby. you're honestly so amazing." i say to him. "yeah right." jonah mumbled.

"hey, look at me..." i speak softly, hooking my finger under his chin to turn his head my way.

"i know that you didn't mean to. i know it was unintentional. you should too. i know you would never hurt me, okay? so don't stress about it. okay? i'm fine, jonah."

i kept my voice soft as i kept his face looking toward me. jonah just nodded lightly, holding a sad expression to his face.

i leaned over and placed a soft kiss to his lips, letting it linger for a moment before i pulled away. "i love you so much." he whispered.

"i love you too." "god i feel like such a jerk." jonah whimpered burying his head into his hands.

"stop it. you are not a jerk! i love you, i love you so much. okay?" "..okay," he sighed.

"c'mon, let's just watch a movie, yeah?" he nodded, sniffing lightly so i cuddled his head into my chest as i turned on the tv.

☆✦☆✦☆✦☆

i had gone home later that night, my mom wanted me to come home, so i left a note for jonah since he was asleep.

i felt bad. i had told him before that i didn't like when he had done that to me but i did it to him.

when i walked into school the next i saw jonah still seem sad as he looked over at me.

i knew he still felt terrible for what happened, but i know he didn't mean to.

"hey zach!" jack greeted with a small laugh. "hi..?" i say back, confused as to what they were talking about.

"you're literally just in time, you can help settle this." "ooh what is it?" i grow interested as eben spoke.

"we were having a debate on who's the better boyfriend, you or jonah." "yeah currently we're all saying jonah- no offense to you- but jonah denies it."

"oh that's easy. jonah's the best boyfriend of them all." i smile at him. "yeah i'm so fucking great that you get hurt." he muttered.

"what?? what about zach getting hurt?!" corbyn's eyes widened.

"jonah.. stop it. i'm fine." "zach, i-" "jonah, look at me."

"look.. i know that you love me. i know that you would never intentionally hurt me. you didn't mean to and it's okay."

"it's not okay zach! i hurt-" i cut him off by grabbing the back of his neck and pulling our lips together.

"stop it. seriously." i say to him, "i'm sorry." "i know you are."

"i'm so lost." corbyn shook his head in confusion, eben agreeing with him. "it's nothing.. last night, we started.. well, you know. but something he did started to hurt. now he won't stop dwelling on it."