fifty

DANIEL

after history class, we made our way to the cafeteria, corbyn jonah and eben telling us to go on ahead and they would be right there.

not quite sure why but we all just went with it. probably talking about something just between the three of them.

as we sat down at our table, we began to talk before there was a presence next to us.

"corey?" i was shocked. he was the last person i ever thought i'd see here. "hey daniel."

"what are you doing here?" i asked him, trying my best to stay emotionless. "i missed you."

"and you couldn't have given me any heads up that you'd be coming here?" i scoffed, "i wanted to surprise you."

"consider me surprise." i retorted, i did not want him here, he'll probably say something along the lines of how i should be with him.

"dani are you gonna come get some food?" zach spoke up, wanting to try and relieve some of the tension.

"yeah i'm starving." i state, still staring at corey. "do you want to go now or–"

"look daniel.. i'm sorry for getting mad at you and i still love you and i really want to be with you so please, can't you just give me a chance?"

see, i told you he would say that! "give you a chance for what?" corbyn's voice came from behind him.

"corbyn.. uh, this is corey." corbyn didn't say anything to him, just moved past him and sat down next to me.

his arm naturally wrapping around my waist, "sorry about that, we had something we needed to talk about."

"if we didn't, i definitely would have been here with you baby." he grinned, leaning over me kissing me sweetly.

i giggled, honestly a single kiss from him and all other emotions go out the window and happiness breaks through the door.

"it's okay.. but are you still coming over tonight?" i pout my bottom lip out, "of course i am, and i'm taking you out. we're going to henry's diner tonight."

"what?! that's the place i've been begging to go to!" i beamed, "yeah i know baby, i got us a seven o'clock reservation."

"oh, i love you so much." i smiled hard as i cupped his cheeks and kissed him, to which he hummed in response.

"i love you too. and to show how much i love you, i got you something." i let out a gasp, the smile never leaving my face.

"what is it?" "nuh-uh, can't tell you that yet. you'll find out at dinner." he smirked. "oh! touchdown, can you take me to check out that thing tomorrow?"

jonah just nodded with a small, sly smile. corbyn occasionally calls jonah touchdown because apparently the first time they were on the football team together jonah scored a lot of touchdowns.

"what thing? what's it for?" i ask, eager to know what he was talking about. "it comes with the surprise baby, just be patient."

just then, corey cleared his throat, saying my name after it. "look i'm sorry corey, just go home."

"daniel you told me that we could talk when i stopped being selfish, so here i am."