nine

CORBYN

i dragged daniel outside by his hand, opening up the door for him like a gentleman.

i wouldn't lie, i felt something when our hands touched. like a spark of some sorts. something i never felt with christina.

i started driving out of the street and toward the beach.

when i pulled up, i quickly got out of the car and rushed around the side. attempting to get there before daniel could get out.

i opened the door for him and i could see the blush rising on his face. he attempted to hide it but i had other ideas.

"don't hide your face, blushing looks cute on you." i complimented.

my compliment made him blush more and i just smiled bright. "c'mon, you're going to love the beach!"

i grabbed his hand once again and pulled him over to the shoreline. i turned to daniel and saw his expression.

he was amazed, in awe. his facial expression said it all. he loved it. "it's beautiful." he spoke.

"yeah, it is." but i wasn't looking at the water. is that too cheesy? i don't think so. i think it's truth, daniel was beautiful.

"so, talk.. what were your friends like in portland?" i ask him, walking down the shoreline, our hands still laced together.

"they were amazing, supportive of every small thing any of us wanted or did. corey and oscar are seniors, while me and crawford are junior."

"corey, crawford, and oscar, got it." i commented, daniel giggled lightly which made my heart flutter. again, something i never felt with christina.

"uh, corey called me while i was driving down here, he told me that he, liked me, and wanted to be with me but i just..."

"are you, into him?" "no, that was the hard part, turning him down. he's my best friend, i didn't want to hurt him but i couldn't lie as well."

"yeah, i get that.. so, my other question would be, are you, y'know, into guys?" i ask him cautiously, not wanting to cross a line.

"i-" "look you don't have to answer, if you're not comfortable talking about that."

"no it's not that, it's just... i have no idea. i-i mean i've been with a guy before. at a party, but i don't know what i'm into."

"well how did you feel about being with that guy?" "i liked it. but i just don't know anything else."

"so, you liked being with a guy?" "yes." i smiled, maybe that gives me a chance! maybe he could like me!

we switched topics and talked for what felt like hours, just walking along the shoreline. hand in hand.

in the walk, i figured it out. i have a crush on daniel. a big one. the biggest crush i have ever had.

there was just something about him that i just, i loved. scratch that, everything about him i loved.

his beautiful ocean blue eyes, his soft brown hair, his adorable little laugh. the way he blushes so easily.