twenty three

CORBYN

a month had passed since i took daniel to the lake. we would go out somewhere almost every day together.

if not by ourselves than with our friends. we were always together, and might i just say, i'm falling hard.

i'm so.. captivated by him, it's insane. there's just something about him that just draws me back to him every time. so i figured it out. i'm finally going to ask him.

i'm finally going to ask him to be my boyfriend.

i mean, i feel like we waited long enough. neither of us wanted to just, jump into a relationship.

we wanted it to work. we didn't want to rush things. i didn't want to screw it up with him.

i didn't want any of what happened in my past three relationships. all of those, i screwed them up. i don't want that with daniel.

i told jonah last night that i wanted to ask daniel. he said it was a good idea, but i'm terrified.

DANIEL

i moved here a month ago. everything changed. i met amazing people. ones who rush over to my house, no matter what they're doing, the second they think i'm upset or hurting.

they know that i was in the hospital six months ago, but they still don't know why. and i like it that way.

i don't want them to know. i don't want anyone here to know. i want nothing more than to leave all of that back in portland.

i have a good thing going with corbyn, i don't want that getting in the way. i don't want him to feel pity over me.

pity is the number one emotion that i despise. i hate it. which is part of the reason why i won't tell anyone what happened, i don't want their pity.

it's bad enough my mom told them about all of the depression and anxiety. it's bad enough she told them that i was in the hospital in the first place.

i don't want them knowing anymore. i want it forgotten about. unmentioned.

ZACH

i was going over to daniel's today. for some reason we hadn't hung out after school for a little while.

which for us was unusual. daniel, jack, and i would always be hanging out with each other.

it was such habit. but for some reason, daniel and i just haven't, for almost a week. which just like, isn't right.

so i'm going to his house now. jack would be going to but he's busy with his family. the avery's are having a family barbecue today so he couldn't hang out.

i walked up to the front door and knocked twice before daniel opened it.

he smiled but i could tell it was forced. but one thing i knew from knowing daniel this past month, don't ask him about stuff like that.

daniel is very secluded. he keeps his feelings inside. bottles them up. i hate that.

but i don't ever want to push him, so i don't ask. i don't ask why he's forcing a smile. i don't ask why he currently seems like there's no colour in his life.