thirty one

DANIEL

in music class, our teacher was having us practice song writing.

i had a lot to write about. and this wasn't my first time writing songs and music. i do it all the time.

whenever i don't know how to express how i'm feeling. or when i don't know how to say what i want to say.

jack, zach, and i were sitting in the back. they were having trouble thinking of what to write about.

i did. i knew. i knew exactly what i would write about.

corbyn. i would write about corbyn. about how he makes me feel.

i smiled as i began to write words onto the paper in front of me. "wha- how do you know what to write?" jack asked.

"easy... what's something that's so big that it takes up your mind but you don't know how to express it?" i tell them.

"can i see what you're writing?" zach asked me, gesturing to my page. "oh.. uh, yeah." i say.

he moves so he's next to me, reading over my words as i continue to write the lyrics and use the sheet music next to me to write down the melody.

"dani... this is amazing. and it's.. emotional?" zach complimented. "yeah.. just- like i said, something that takes up your mind and you need to say it but you don't know how."

"can we hear it?" jack wonders. "uh.. sure."

i pick up the guitar and look over the melody i wrote down. "wait actually... not now. i need to tweak it a little more."

"uh.. tomorrow, at lunch. how about we come here and i can do it then?" i say to them. "yeah, that sounds great."

i nod and continue to fix the melody and adjust lyrics.

☆✦☆✦☆✦☆

zach, jack, and i met with jonah and corbyn at the front of the school. i haven't been able to stop smiling since this morning.

"hey you." corbyn smiles. "hi." corbyn placed a kiss to my forehead. "you ready to go?"

"yeah," "i walked this morning, so i was hoping i could get a ride with you, is that okay?"

"yeah. that's fine. we just have to wait for anna then."

corbyn and i talked with the boys until anna came into view. "daniel let's go! christian's coming home in two hours!"

"what?!" "yeah." "i thought he wasn't coming for another month." "nope. now let's go, move your ass."

"you're so annoying." i sighed, taking corbyn's hand. i lead him out to my car and anna gets in the back.

i drove us to the house and anna was quick to go inside. corbyn and i took our time.

we stood outside the door for a moment, "i'm so happy you decided you wanted this." corbyn smiles.

"i am too." i smile back, we lean in and share a short, sweet kiss before i open the door.

i practically drag him to my room once the front door is closed.

i close the door to my room and i can't help myself. i grabbed the collar of corbyn's sweater and pull his lips to me.

we share multiple quick kisses as we walk backwards toward my bed. now i knew we weren't going to go far, it was too early for that.

but that wouldn't stop us from having a possible makeout.

"i wasn't expecting this." corbyn mumbles against my lips. "i like it." he says. i just hum against him.

i get pushed down on my back, my head resting on my pillows as corbyn slides his body on top of mine.

barely a space between us. i liked that. corbyn continued with the soft, sweet kisses, but i wanted a little more.

i reached my hands up to cup his cheeks and kiss him a tad harder. i began leading a rougher kiss before corbyn took over.

he kept the same intensity, not wanting to push me, which i thought was sweet.

at one moment, i let out an accidental moan. it wasn't a big one. it was quite small, soft even.

but it made corbyn smirk against my lips as he pushed them open.

we started more open mouth kisses as corbyn carefully added his tongue in. we fought for dominance even though i wanted it to be him.

and obviously, he did. his tongue exploded my mouth, covering every crevice possible.

i moaned lightly. my fingers running down his back.

corbyn went back to the sweet kisses, when i pulled away, about to ask why, he spoke first.

"i don't want to rush this.. and i spooked myself because to me, that was moving too fast. sorry." he said quickly.

"oh... it's okay. i just wasn't expecting you to switch it like that." "are you okay with going slower right now? like just simple, kisses?"

"i'm okay with anything as long as it's with you."

"that was adorable." he breathes out before attaching our lips again in a sweet motion.

we keep going with soft, simple kisses, completely soaking up each's others close proximity.

we were so absorbed in each other, the outside world had disappeared.

that is until we heard a, "hey daniel- oh! woah!"

it was christian. he was home early. he had come into my room.

corbyn and i immediately broke apart and looked toward the door in panic. corbyn moved off of me in fear of getting yelled at for what we were doing.

christian and i made eye contact that lasted for a minute or two.

"sorry.. i should have knocked." he said awkwardly. "uh.. christian, this is corbyn.. corbyn, my brother christian."

i introduce them to each other. "hey." christian nods, "hi.." corbyn speaks nervously.

"so... what- are you gay?" "no." i say quickly. "then what?"

"i'm not entirely sure. just not gay." christian nods awkwardly, slowly backing out of the room.

he closed the door and corbyn turned to look at me. "not exactly the way i wanted to meet your brother." he chuckled.

"same here." i sighed. "but i don't care right now. come here." i grabbed his neck gently and pull him close to me again.

we return to the sweet, soft kisses. i smile wide, i'm happy.

i'm actually happy. corbyn makes me happy. i just wanted to hold on to this forever.