twenty nine

CORBYN

i don't care about the classes right now. i want to take daniel away from here. away from all of this.

jonah, jack, and zach followed us. sadly, so did august and his friends.

"i won't stop corbyn.. i'll make you mine if it's the last thing i do!"

"that will never happen. i learn from my mistakes. and i made a mistake trusting you." i said.

"you're going to regret saying that." "no. i won't. i don't regret speaking the truth. i don't regret any of the choices i have made since we broke up."

"because i actually got to make those choices myself." i fought.

"you will be mine. i'll make sure of it. and it'll come a lot quicker if he just steps out of the way." august points at daniel.

"he doesn't belong here. get rid of him." august said to his friends.

two of his friends then started toward daniel. i never let go of his hand as jack and zach both stepped closer. in an act of protection.

when one of them grabbed zach to try and move him, jonah snapped. yanking the boy off of zach and hitting him.

"don't. fucking. touch. him. again." he growled. "c'mon daniel.. let's get out of here."

i said to him, looking august dead in the eye as i lead him to my car.

as we got in. i expected daniel to break down in tears. but he didn't. he sat there, emotionless.

it was like he couldn't cry, he had no tears he could shed anymore. "daniel i am so incredibly sorry. that shouldn't have happened."

"can we just go? they're scaring me." he spoke. his voice was so broken. hurt. i didn't say anything, just pulled out of the parking lot.

but before i did, i pulled out my phone and texted jonah telling him to meet us at the mcdonald's at lunch.

i drove us to the beach. where we just sat in the sand. we didn't talk a lot. just sat in peace. soaking in each other's presence.

"c'mon... let's go to mcdonald's. we're meeting the others there." i said. daniel didn't speak, just nodded. standing up with me.

☆✦☆✦☆✦☆

"do i have your permission to beat the shit out of him?" jonah asked as we sat in the booth.

daniel shook his head. "why not? he's a dick! he's being such a jerk to you!" "because no one deserves to get beaten up." daniel said quietly.

"sometimes i envy you." zach spoke up randomly, his head balancing on his hand as he looks at daniel.

"what?" "you're so kind. you care about everyone regardless if they care about you. i want to have that."

"well... it's not always the best quality. it can get you hurt, a lot."

"daniel... with every person that hurt you, there is someone who will pick you up and put you back together and love you." i told him.