forty five

DANIEL

at the end of the day, zach and i were getting ready to go back to his place for the night.

anna was walking to ashley's house which took the responsibility of driving her off my chest.

we walked to the front, saying goodbye's to eben and corbyn, but corbyn pulled me to the side for a moment.

"daniel.. what's going on?" "what're you talking about?" i ask him, even though i think i know what he means.

"yesterday on the phone, you say... and now you're acting as if that never happened at all."

"i just–" "i'm sorry, it was a reflex, i didn't mean to say it like that last night." "but you meant to say it?"

"i don't know.. i still don't know." i sigh, lying to him was difficult. but i wanted to tell him in a special way, this wasn't exactly special.

"okay.. sorry." he muttered. i cupped his cheeks to make him look at me again, "don't be sad, i realize it seemed like i knew, but i still don't. i'm sorry baby."

corbyn cracked a smile, pecking my lips an cheek before i pulled away to leave with zach.

when zach and i got to his place, we grabbed a bunch of snacks from the kitchen and went out to the back.

at zach's house, the door to the back is upstairs, and then there's stairs down to the grass area.

so we decided on just sitting on the stairs and talk about whatever.

we practically gorged on snacks as we talked. at some point we ended up talking about zach and jonah's sex life.

which to most people, that's not something you usually talk about with your friends, but somehow it's not weird for us.

we even spent time thinking of a nice way i could tell corbyn that i love him.

we spent hours out there without even realizing it. the time now being 9:47. so we went back inside and ordered a pizza even though we just ate so many snacks.

the pizza came twenty minutes later and we ate it up in zach's room. we watched movies and played stupid games.

i even fell asleep for a bit at one point. but when we say how late it was, i really had to go home, since it was 11:43.

i quickly walked myself home, luckily without any trouble and i called corbyn once i was in my room since i promised him i would when i got home.

"please tell me you didn't just get home." he said when he picked up. "heh, sorry." i giggle lightly.

"babe it's almost midnight!" "i know i know, we lost track of time."

CORBYN

"you're lucky you're so cute, otherwise i'd be very upset that you stayed out so late." i scold him.

"yes mom." even though i couldn't see him, i know he stuck out his tongue, it was all in his tone that he did.

"so what did you guys get up to?" i ask him, "not much really. we sat out in the backyard for a few hours, just talking. then we went to his room and had pizza while watching movies, playing games."

he kept talking, but i sort of zoned out. i mean i was listening, but i just.. i was listening more to his voice.

his voice was so soft, so soothing honestly. his tone always had a way of calming people, it was so delicate.

when i heard him finish speaking, i heard him ask about my night. "oh i didn't do much. mainly just homework. honestly though i would've much rathered be with you."

"didn't you go to eben's? i saw it on his snap story." "yeah i went there for a little, but honestly, my night would've been so much better if i was with you."

"you're so cute baby, but don't worry, we're going out tomorrow night." "yeah i know, and jonah's home tomorrow too, so you can only imagine what those two are doing."

daniel giggled and i swear my heart jumped. "can i just say something?" i spoke, "yeah, of course."

"i am so happy you moved here, and i am so lucky. so so fucking lucky that you decided you wanted to be with me."

"daniel you are... you are everything to me and i really hope you know that." "yeah i know.. but if you think that in exchange for this–"

"i'm not expecting you to say anything, i just needed to make sure you knew what you mean to me. because you mean so much to me baby. so fucking much."

"you're so sweet baby, you mean so much to me too. and you know that you do." he giggled.

we talked for about ten minutes before i made him go to bed. it was midnight, he's gonna be exhausted tomorrow.

when i hung up, i decided to go downstairs for a late snack before i went to bed myself.

but when i did, i was blocked by jordan and my dad. who were yet again, yelling and scolding at me for having a boyfriend.

their yelling woke ashley and my mom up, and they had come down the stairs, watching me get cornered against the wall by my dad.

"dad, please, stop." i whispered, i didn't want to do this anymore. "you don't tell me what to do son," and then a smack went across my face.

lucky for me, this time, it was super harsh like the others. "ray! stop!" mom cut in.

"saskia he deserves this. for having a sinful relationship!" he spat in my face. another hit went to my stomach.

honestly i think the saddest part of this is that it doesn't phase me anymore. i'm used to this by now.

"stop this sin, son. now!" he yelled in my face, tightening his grip on me. i was being pushed further and further into the wall, which again didn't really phase me.

"no! i love him! i'm not going to break up with him just because you don't like it, i love him and you can't change it!"

my outburst resulted in yet another blow to the stomach. and another, and another. and yet another.

my mom and sister were yelling at him to stop, but they should that he never would listen to them.

but when my dad did stop, jordan took over while he got himself a beer. then when he came back, he went back to hitting.

honestly like i said, it doesn't phase me anymore. it doesn't hurt anymore.

but what will hurt is seeing the look on daniel's face if he ever sees the bruising, which somehow i know he will.