Chapter 18 Ocheleru (Ocheleru's Parents)

Chapter 18

Ocheleru

Nursing wounds and looking at all the surrounding damage, the victory had been costly, but they were alive.
Happiness seemed so short lived that Goten wondered how these people made it so long in existence.
"So . . .?"
"So, what?" Flawadius replied, tending a sore arm.
"Aren't you all going to unfuse now? I mean, the battle's over, You can live at peace now."
Everyone of the Namekians stared at him confused.
"What do you mean?"
"Your enemies are dead and you have a huge planet to call home . . , or do you miss your other home?"
" . . . it's not that."
"Then what is it?"
"Morbius." Lauren interjected.
The green, once peaceful people, looked really sad.
"Who is this 'Morbius'? And why does his name make everyone so sad?"
". . . Goten . . . I believe you . . . You really are not from around here are you?" The blonde girl looked at him wander.
"Well . . . for us, it all started many years ago, when our solar system was sold." Flawadius tried to explain. "I was but a wee lad, when people came to our planet, and said it now belonged under the charge of 'Icicle'."
"Who is he, and why does he have so much influence to be able to own an entire Solar System?"
"I don't know who, or what ever he is, but I heard he was a king . . . or was it a Prince?"
Everyone sat looking attentively at Flawadius as he narrated the past to life. It was evident that Flawadius knew more about what was going on than the rest of them.
" . . . so, I never saw him . . , neither had I even seen the person who was so audacious as to sell our Solar System and our planet . . , but that didn't stop us from trying to fight for our freedom. . ."
The big guy was coming to tears. "We waited until the big boys had left their minions in charge of us, and then we attacked . . ."
"Butt!"
Punching the soil in frustration it was clear to say, that there plan failed.
"Just way out of our league . . . We had been peaceful for so long, that we had to struggle to find any one who was still practicing combat, but even then, it only took three of them to defeat the two lots of our offence."
"Why didn't you just use the dragon balls?"
"Wha . . . what . . ? Who told you about the dragon balls?"
"Doesn't everyone know about the dragon balls?"
"N . . no. They are a very old, guarded secret . . . we were taught to never talk about them, and to never use them."
"Why?"
"Because they would attract to much attention. If word ever got out."
Everyone looked down again.
"So what do we do now?"
" . . . . . . . . . . . "
"Let us go see . . . him."
"A . . are we really, Sir?" Asked a young Namekian.
"Yes . . . we have to go!"
"He will know we are coming." Said another.
"Of course . . . he should. . ." Looking like he was in a moment of deep wander. "Okay guys, pack up, some of you will go, but the others will have to stay here and stay alive as long as you can!"

The week was spent resting, eating, and gathering stores for the journey ahead.
The land scape started to look more refined, as the battle distanced itself into the past.
"So . . . I was kind of wondering." Goten questioned Flawadius, who stood on a slight hill, overseeing the work being done by his fellow Namekians. "Why did your warriors fuse with the women?"
"I thought that I told you already, Goten. It is to preserve our race, though the boost in speed and strength was a welcomed attribute to the mix."
"Yes . . . but how will you reproduce, if you have no females?"
Flawadius was now looking very annoyed.
"Years ago . . , before I was born, we had learned of the fusion technique, but having no reason for it, it was useless to us . . . that is . . . until Greco . . , died."
"Was he your ancestor?" Goten nudged.
"No . . . he was a man in love" It sounded a bit silly but the big man was serious.
"He had spent all that he had, for to go on a trip with his love. . . but their ship was over taken by pirates . . . when they realised that it was futile to fight them off, they tried to flee . . . and in a last effort to keep each other together, they used the fusion.
When they (now fused as one) had least expected it, another set of aliens tried to take over the adjoining pirates' ship, as they (fused) were hiding in the cargo hold.
When the fighting between the two sets of pirates were taking place in the other ship, they fought off the remaining pirates aboard their ship, closed the adjoining hatch, and escaped back home.
They were unable to un-fuse, so we just concluded them husband and wife.
They didn't seem bothered, and then one day they produced and egg.
Afraid some thing might be wrong with it, our elders monitored it. Not only was the offspring far stronger in many capabilities, but he had some psychic abilities, that shocked us.
His name was Ocheleru.