Chapter 19 Working Misfits (Chalorie)

Chapter 19

Working Misfits (Chalorie)

After taking water and food supplies to the huge alien ship, we prepared for the very risky trip, through the galaxy. At least with the Mascari's ship, not many pirates would bother us.
As the young Saiyan heard more and more about this world, it was obvious that their world was filled with horrors. At least back on earth, and in our universe, there was more good than bad: but with these people their hope lay in how lucky they were to see another day.
'It is times like these that I miss dad.'
Tempted to travel in his own ship, the young boy conceded to go with the Nameks, only taking his emergency tracker just in case he need his own ship.
With no place to train, and no way of knowing if Bulma would finally contact the ship, he left, hoping that she did not call the ship home without him.
Flawadius and others knew the design of the big ship, and was familiar with its old control system, so maneuvering through space was rather simple. So designating a few supposedly friendly planets as refreshment stops, we were on the way.
Ariochi and Lauren settled in and played child games, while Goten ate, slept and conducted his own mental battles in preparation for what ever lay next.
He learnt to visualize fighting past opponents from Goten, but his dad would always exaggerate the idea of, what if they were ten of them, instead of only one: Or, what if they all came at you, all at once; or, just imaging, they were ten times faster, and ten times stronger. All this was really great but I fought most of the time not to concede, because it would be way to much, and way to difficult. Sometimes I think dad's biggest opponents, was his imagination of their being such powerful fighters in existence.
'Well, it worked for him . . ,' so Goten closed his eyes and concentrated.
The setting was a mountainous region, his opponents were Broly and Ultimate Form Freeza . . . He had to keep it as realistic as possible, no mental advantages.
"Wham . . !"
He was able to barely block Broly's punch, floating backwards he held onto his wrists, feeling numb he looked down to see if they were broken.
"Wham . . !"
One cruel punch to the back of the head sent him flying unconscious into a mountain.
. . . he couldn't do it, it was too much, maybe he should fight Piccolo first for starters.
Opening his eyes . . . he saw status electricity erupting all over the ship. Everyone was staring at him in shock.
"What are you doing?! Do you want to kill us all?!" Flawadius shouted. "Even if we were to survive whatever it is you're doing, the ship may not! Do you understand?!
The build up of energy was huge, and he hadn't even transformed. Sweat was pouring down his clothes and . . . he had only been at it for a minute or two.
'No wonder dad was one of the strongest back at home,' Goten grinned to himself. He just needed a deserted place to do his mental training . . . His opponents . . . why, Broly and Freeza. 'No need to go easy on myself is there.'
Not wanting to risk destroying the craft, resorting to eating, sleeping and telling tales of our past seemed to ease the time by more quickly.
The first stop we made was to a planet with old machinery, like a sort of junk yard, even more disturbing was the place smelt bad, and the water was no use for us. However, it provided a rare occasion to gain some really great devices, which cost the crew food and fresh water of a very big supply, but it was well worth it.
We got an interplanetary and interstellar virtual map, which showed most of the planets with their data, though some planets had a lock sign on them: also we got a dragon ball tracker, which was useless, for it only showed no dragon balls present anywhere, except mine, which was still aboard the Capsule Corp's ship.
Also we got some ends of metal, which, once electrified, their pull to the planet's core was tremendous, making the metals unliftable.
"Maybe if I used applied ratios of electricity, I could use them as weighs for my training. Still I would need to find a way to charge and deplete them when I wanted."
"I think we can help you with that, son," the android merchant announced, with an ear to ear grin. "Chalorie!"
A beautiful half android, half human teen came around from the back of a huge heap of machines. It was obvious that she was human . . , well, somewhat of course.
"Hi fellas," she said with a friendly smile at us. Turning to the nice merchant she asked. "Can I help you with anything K'lanie?"
"No, but they may have some work for you." The merchant said motioning over at us.
Immediately Goten and Ariochi were taken with Chalorie, something about her felt . . . like they already knew her . . , like she belonged.
"Okay boys, you can stop drooling now." Lauren announced. "We have some more work to do."
"Hi . . ."
"Hi . . ."
And off the two girls went together . . .
"How is it that she being a human is so far out here?" Goten asked quite puzzled. "And why does she have those machine-like parts?"
"Truth be told, this here's a place where many people dump their broken devices, and sadly enough, we,ve come across an alien or two."
"Was she so badly hurt that you placed those mechanisms on her?"
"Why, no, she did those herself. In fact, those are her pride and joy."
Goten looked puzzled.
"You see, years ago she was found as a baby in a pod, someone or something may have rescued her or had tried saved her by using the pod, we don't know. But what we do know, is that every since she has been with us: Fixing and solving mechanical problems, just seems to be her specialty. She even created loads of new and incredible items from old piles of junk and have resold such at exorbitant prices. So she is both rich and well to do on her own. However her love is the machines.
"Well can you get her to fix my space ship?"
"Yes . . . I will," Chalorie said as she came into view. "But only if you take me back with you . . , to the planet Earth."
It was clear her and Lauren had been talking about many things, and both Ariochi and Goten were please at this. "Yes!"