Chapter 20 Pain!

Chapter 20

Pain!

"I think from now, on we should keep a low profile . . ."
"Why, Flawadius?"
"Goten . . . I know you are very strong for a child your age. But so far all of your foes were weak, and insignificant, in galaxies so big. I need not tell you how their masters would feel . . . and not at loosing them . . . but at loosing the great profits that can come with the slave trade."
"So what do you want us to do? We can't let those bad guys . . . or their master prey on the weak and unsuspecting."
" . . . I know you want justice, peace, for all . . . " If we are going to have any chance at all . . . we have to keep a low profile."
" . . . And what does that mean exactly?" Chalorie chipped in, as she worked earnestly on some gadget or the other.
"Goten needs to not go into that golden boy colour . . ."
"Supersaiyan. The young boy informed.
"Right . . . supersaiyan . . . And Aroshi needs to keep from turning into his dragon form. Otherwise we'd be more easily identifiable since few people can do those things."
"But Goten is not the only Saiyan, there is another planet full of them. Only they have tales, and are even known to transform into giant monkeys." Lauren chipped in, as they awaited some minor tweeks Chalorie was making to their craft.
". . . Y . . yes, I know, but not all turn golden . . . in fact he is the only one we know that does it . . . besides, we don't want any of the Ice people sending anyone after us."
"Who are the 'Ice people'? And why are you so afraid of them?"
"They are the tyrants who are known to work for the gods . . ."
". . . gods?!"
"No not really . . . but their level of power is said to be unbeatable."
"Dad fought one of these 'gods'."
"I . . . I am sorry to here that . . ,"
"It's okay . . ." Not sure if he should tell them that his dad was still alive after the fight, Goten decided to keep it silent. After all, he himself partook in the ritual that made his dad a 'god'.

The young boy's face became very sullen, he didn't know if he would be able to reach so high a mark.

"Like I was saying: We have the Ice people, their superior Force, the nomads (which are bandits or trouble makers), Death Dealers (a murderous assassin squad), the Tiagala (their people may be the most powerful force in the galaxies that are not Gods, and some henchmen like the Burters and the Crew, only to call a few, but those are the few that matter."

"Why them and not the others?" came a young baritone voice.
Everyone looked around and fell to the ground in shock.
It was Ariochi . . . he could talk.
"I didn't know that you could talk?"
"I didn't . . . I Only figured out some time ago."
"That's amazing Ariochi"
" . . . Why didn't you just give him ear piece?" Flawadius asked.
"We didn't have any more, and yet he can still read what we are saying!" The little blonde excalimed .
"Okay . . . back to our mission. Pack up . . ." No one had made Flawadius the captain over us, but he seemed to know what the next move should be. "Chalorie, the ship is big, take every gadget you'd need."
"Pain!" "Help Chalorie bring aboard her stuff!"
A very young, fit looking Namek boy came forwards and nodded. He somehow felt dangerous, and yet he was mostly the meek and well behaved type.
"This is Pain. You would have seen him around, carrying bags and other paraphernalia." He is a very strong boy for his age, and his determination is one of a kind. He will travel with us from now on, both on and off the ship." Flawadius bellowed.
Everyone that was not a Namek stared in wander. 'What was so impressive about him, he did not appear any more special than the other Namekians, and yet Flawadius entrusted him to travel with the five of us.
"Chalorie!" "Goten!" "Ariochi!" "And Lauren!" "I need to see you in the ship."
Leaving the others a labouring with the supplies, we followed him into the huge spacecraft.
"Where we are going, is directly on the opposite side of this huge galaxy. There are too many harsh danger's going straight through. And as well the ship's internal signal is too easily recognisable even when not close enough to recognize it's design." The green guy looked very closely at each of his new found allies. "So we will try to take the longer route around through uninhabited planets. A few have some inhabitants, but they are rough fellows. Some wanted, others pirates. This as well, wild creatures looking for a snack or two are on other planets still. Planets where we must stop for food and water."
Everyone sat reflecting on what seemed a most exciting and dangerous ordeal that lay ahead. Could they even make it? It would be hard to imagine anyone not making it. Probably if they just moved as a group, together, all of them . . .
Some of you might not make it. We need all of us on this journey, and to lose anyone at any point would make things even more difficult."
"If anyone wants to leave . . . you can do so now . . ."
Everyone looked to each other, concerned more for the other person than themselves.
No, no one was leaving.
"Okay grab what you need. Get what you will need. It may be a long journey."