Chapter 23 No Way Out

Chapter 23

No Way Out

On Planet Glebe . . .
"Okay men let's move out!"
Stepping forwards the soldiers stepped forwards. None seemed bothered by Goten, but placed the direction of their charge on Flawadius.
Goten rose from the rock where he sat. . . . Held out his hand to block the soldier's path.
. . . . .
"It is okay Goten. You get to battle Jace and Barlow."
Flawadius was very giving, too giving . . . there was going to be a lesson somewhere, but the youth wasn't going to pass up teaching these guys that a reckoning was coming to all who harmed the innocent.
Confident, the lad walked up to the two men.
One look at the serious youth, and "Baah, ha, ha . . .!"
"Y you really don't want to fight us kid . . . Bah, ha, ha . . ."
"Don't hit him Barlow. He . . . he might go tell his m o m m y."
"Bah, ha, ha, ha . . .!"
"Let's go Goten, there are much stronger fighters around here, somewhere."
"That's where you're wrong," the soldier leader announced. "Yes, we have some strangers who pass through now and again, some so powerful you'd pee yourselves for fear. But they are all about the galaxy now, and these two be the children of the Chief, and they ain't as soft as yer lot!"
"Sick 'em boys!"
With that the soldiers ran forward.
"Goten, you take on the two brothers, together. It's time you will learn just how its done." The mature Namek leaped into the midst of the soldiers and shots, flying fists, kicks, and even rocks were involved in the tight squabble.
'What am I supposed to be learning?" The boy thought. It all just looked like a very messy affair.
'Oh well, If there's a lesson worth learning, might as well.'
"You really don't want to fight us boy!" Jace snarled.
Goten's approach was quick, too quick for the two standing men. Shocked both jumped back. Looking at each other and at Goten. . . it was on.
As the two attacked, Goten tried to dodge and then placed some blows.
Two balls of aliens fighting, was a sight on the dusty plains, but who was winning was yet to be determined by one side or the other.
The two skirmishes lasted a bit, before both Goten and Flawadius shot out of the crowds to stand together in the air.
Goten having plenty bruises: Flawadius none.
The big green man looked very disappointed. You were meant to be untouched.
"Ha, ha, ha . . . so that is what you were trying to teach me?"
"A fighter doesn't always need to receive damage, you know."
Wiping off his bruises and cuts the boy stated."Shall we try again?"
Flawadius had a hard time getting back into his squabble, having to dodge many shots.
Goten landed, and doing a few stretches he started bouncing from one foot to the other in anticipation.
Goten was well received by by the two. Who became aware that the boy's speed was drastically increased to dodge their attacks, but with no repercussions to themselves.
Slowly the two battles grew so close together that they became entangled. Flawadius then jumped out, leaving all to attack Goten . . , all except the captain of the little band, that is.
Afraid as the Namekian turned to face him, the captain pulled out a whistle from his pocket to blow -
Flawadius recognised it and shot forwards in order to retrieve the object . . . but it was too late.
No sound was heard coming from the object, but the Namek knew what was going to come . . . the calvary!!
"End this Goten! We have to leave, now!"
"Eerahhh!," "beec", "beek", "beec", "beek", "beek", "beec", "beek",
"beec", "beek" soldiers went flying out the brawl leaving a still determined Jace and Barlow. Battered and bruised the three eased back.
Determination was written on each one of their faces. No one was backing down, no one was going home without plausible satisfaction. They were going to face off again, even if it meant a fight to the death.
"Why'd you have to go and blow that thing? We were now just warming up." Barlow shouted.
Battered, and slightly bleeding. Goten was starting to get accustomed to this life of 'a warrior', well except for the sharp pain to his side. Someone had gotten in a good blow on him, 'wonder if it was Jace . . . or was it Barlow that had?' The crowd was just that, a distraction, but the crowd wasn't here to distract him now.
"Practice is over, let's move . . . before it's too late."
"Come on kid, listen to your old mate over there; We wouldn't want you to get home to your mommy late." Jace teased on. "Besides, you wouldn't want to be around for what comes next."
Goten dropped his hands to his sides and turned to walk away. Jace dashed over very quickly to bar his way. They didn't seem too keen on confronting the Namek, but they weren't going to let his accomplice go, no, not that easy. Not after all of the fuss.
"It's okay Flawadius. Leave, and I'll try to find a way to meet up with you."
Flawadius steered at him hard . . . "You sure kid?"
"Yes . . ."
But before he could finish, their huge spaceship came and stood hovering quite close to their area.
Flawadius' head spun around from looking at the descending craft, to look towards a huge power signal, coming from the direction of the open plains.
Sure enough a small craft was kicking up dust, as someone proceeded in their direction.
The captain grinned.
The two brothers looked at each other and took off for the sky. Jace only stopping to shout at Goten. "Before you die remember, we would have won."
"Get a move on Jace, we got to get to the other side of the planet, away from the stinking germ . . . Threilow."
"I'm with ya!" Jace shouted as he dashed off with his burly brother.
Flawadius took another look over at Goten. So fixed, so unmoved . . .
"Alright kid, you win." And with that the Namek shot off and up through the opening door of the ship. Quickly jumping into the controlling chair, the craft was put into quick flight for out of space. Heading briefly in the direction of the planet Eva, before it would head deep into outer of space.