Chapter 22 A World Apart (Barlow and Jace)

Chapter 22

A World Apart

After landing on Glebe in their pods. Flawadius and Goten made their way over the treeless, mountainous terrain to the nearest city.
It was like Sodom and Gomorrah, with all types of aliens drinking and behaving terribly.
Just then a little boy stumbled down and broke a water jar. He looked very fearful, and rightfully so, for presently a big brown alien came over to him and kicked him. "Stand! You low down dirty scoundrel."
The little boy couldn't have been more than five, and yet he was bruised, battered, and in fear for his life.
"I told y . . ."
The big alien couldn't bring down his hand to smite the little boy as he intended. He looked around only to feel the pain of a punch to his face.
Flying off his feet, he was sent sprawling across someone's stall.
The man was quick to get to his feet, and looking at Goten, in shock he ran off in a direction.
It was very clear that Goten did not mean to hide the fact that he meant business. Flawadius stayed back, almost hiding as it were. There was bound to be trouble, and he needed to know, who, what, where and when, before stepping in. Besides, so good so far.

On nearby planet Eva, Pain and his fellow Nameks ascended from where several of their pods had landed. The landscape was brown and dirty, much like the planet Glebe, however the very many caves, crevices, and broken hills, showed the difference.
The moment they reached a nearby peak, it was obvious that they were not the only visitors; for nearby little streaks of smoke ascended into the air from where lay other pods, similar pods.
Who those unfortunate beings were, and why they were here, was still unclear, but one thing was very certain, these crabs had eaten lots of beings.

The blue moon shone very brightly on planet Glebe, as a horde of uniformed men made their way over to where Goten stood.
Their casually dressed leader walked bravely up to Goten.
"What is your business here?!"
Somehow Goten was feeling tired but he didn't know why? He had slept a good deal on the trip here. "I've come to change things on this planet . . . For good!"
Trying to sound confident, but now out of breath, the boy tried not to gasp for air. Was it the air, the atmosphere?
Flawadius stood some yards away observing. Noticing a drop of sweat appear on Goten's cheek had him puzzled. No one would be sweating in these conditions, no one. . .
Suddenly, the feeling of approaching powers caught the two's attention.
This was it. This is what they were waiting for.
Coming down from the sky, two pleasure hunting ruffians landed beside their foes.
"Hey Jace and Barlow, what brings you two ruffians to my domain?"
"Boredom. You know we won't past up the chance to watch a good fight."
"You mean to 'meddle in a good fight', don't you?"
"Ha, ha, ha . . . Just as clever as always, hungh?" Replied the tall and tough looking Barlow.
"Yeah, you found us out. We are here for a fight. . . but where's our next meal?" Jace added. He was more leaner than Barlow, but he looked somewhat more sinister.
The two looked around about a bit.
"There's nothing here . . . except for us, the Namek, and the kid."
"Yeah, haven't they shown up as yet . . . ? Jace you know how I hate getting to a party too early."
"Shut up . . . they're here." The crowd's leader shouted, annoyed. He had just been punched off of his feet . . . and the two were brothers were treating his assailants like weaklings.
"Where . . ?" Jace looked all over; in the sky, at the terrain, and then back at the two. "Are they invisible or something?"
"No, that's them?"
". . . Who? The Namek and the messy kid?" Barlow looked dumbfounded. ". . . I know you like beating up on kids, but you don't need and army for these two."
"What? Did one of the children finally hit you back?"
"Ha, ha, ha . . . " The big fellows bawled. "Do you want yo mommyyyy?"
"Ha, ha, ha . . ."
"I am going home." Barlow announced to his still laughing comrade.
"No wait. I want to see how this plays out. It could be some fun in it."
"Umm . . . okay. But the minute it gets boring I am out of here."
"Send in your men Toeren, and let's have a show of it!"
"Why not." The group leader responded happily. There was no way those two intruders were leaving here alive. "You said you were going to change things around here. Well we have brought out the welcoming party, all in your honour.

Back on Eva . . ,
The group had now advanced forwards enough to espy three men talking. One of them was a Barter, another one looked like one of the Icemen's henchmen, his very gear giving him away. The third looked like Azeleot, one of the two gate keepers (He has the know how to skip to other dimensions): The gate keeper obviously is a prize, but him working with those two henchmen made things too complicated to get into any fight: Can't let him get hurt.
"Okay men, we redirect from here. Asha and Katari stay here and stay undetected. The rest of you follow me." Looking back over his shoulder at Asha and Katari he said, "If there is any problems or anything of importance let us know."
Nameks did not need Scouter's or radios to communicate between each other over close distances; The antennas above their heads were good enough for that.
"We will wait here till they leave." The Nameks decided.
It only took half an hour for them to move to their pods, but as they did, something stirred above them. They looked up to see Zelophie, with huge power emanating from him, as he stood silently looking down on them.
'How did he manage to keep this level of power undetected till he was upon us?' The Names wandered afraid.
Seemingly contented that they weren't going to meddle, the warrior glided back over to descend amongst his comrades.
The little man held out a staff that he carried, and a portal opened. Stepping inside the two disappeared.
'All too close, there was nothing else to worry about now.
The mission was to destroy the factory that used the giant Crabs for Crew.
And that is where we are heading'