Needing a Friend

T'Challa training with the Black Panther was something that was slowly killing him, he just know it. T'Challa was breathing hard as he was laid out on the mat with Okoye standing over him, "Stand up my Prince." Okoye commanded looking at the huffing Prince, T'Challa waved his hand then laid it lazily on his chest, "You won Okoye. I'm done." T'Challa huffed. Okoye rolled her eyes at the lazy Prince, "My Prince, how can you stand up against challengers if you can't even win against me. You need to work on your stamina and strength, the Black Panther need a strong host and Wakanda need a strong protector. Stand Up!" Okoye hollered. T'Challa looked at the newly awarded young General and nod his head, standing up T'Challa body was straining, the Black Panther required a lot of strength to maintain and T'Challa was training his body to maintain it's strength. "Ok General. Once more time." T'Challa said as he and Okoye took their stands. T'Challa groaned as Okoye took him down just as easily as before, "My Prince, we will continue this tomorrow. I can tell your mind is else where." Okoye said holding out her hand to T'Challa. T'Challa grab her hand grunting as his mind felt like it was recovering faster then his body, "Yes General. Tomorrow sounds like a great idea." T'Challa said as he walked out holding his lower back walking like an old man, causing Okoye to hide her smile as she watched her Prince limp away. 

Okoye wasn't wrong his mind was somewhere else. It's been a few months since he became the Black Panther and things seem to be going not as smoothly as he planned, this was a lot harder then what he anticipated. His father made it seem so easy and flawless, it felt like his body wasn't corroborating with anything that he tried to command of it. T'Challa tried talking to his father about it, but all he said was to give it time and the Black Panther will become easier to handle. T'Challa didn't know what that meant, he was so sure that he could do this just like his father and ancestors have done for generations. T'Challa made it to his room sitting down on his bed then laying down, he needed to get some air and some time to himself. Since becoming the Black Panther the Dora Milaje haven't left his side, he knew that he will be guarded and watched over now that he was the protector of Wakanda but all of this at once was a bit much for T'Challa to handle and he wasn't even King yet. T'Challa took a breath deciding to take a shower and wash up, he needed air, he needed space and someone to talk to that wasn't apart of this kingdom. 

T'Challa stepped out of his room looking around not spotting anyone around, he quickly made his way out the back door when his little sister voice stopped him. "And where are you going brotha?" Shuri asked while eating an ice cream cone giving her brother a look, T'Challa smacked his lips at being found out and by his sister non the less. T'Challa turned around giving his sister a look then pushed her into another room, "I'm going to the city. I have to talk with someone." T'Challa whispered hoping to keep the Dora Milaje from finding them. Shuri looked at her brother with confusion, "Who?" Shuri asked, T'Challa huffed then gave his sister a look. Shuri nod her head then handed him her Kimoyo Beads, "Keep this on your wrist, you will be connected to me. If something happen all you have to do is touch them and I will get your location." Shuri explained to her brother as she placed his Kimoyo Beads on his wrist. T'Challa nod his head as his sister was explaining how to work the beads, "Thank you Shuri, i'll be back before you know it." T'Challa smiled at his sister shaking hands with her, "Bast be with you brotha." Shuri said as her brother walked out the room leaving out the back door.

T'Challa landed near the city, he took a car deeper into the city knowing where 'Bambi' will be. T'Challa walked into the 'Dancing Impala' looking around at all the dancers, the Owner nod his head at him seeing the Prince looking around. "How can I help you Prince T'Challa, looking another good time?" The Owner asked smiling at him, T'Challa shook his head, "No, is 'Bambi' working tonight?" T'Challa asked looking around the club, the Owner nod his head then smirk, "No not tonight, she's somewhere nearby. I'm sure if you ask around you'll find her." The Owner said then walking away. T'Challa laugh then walked out, he looked in every direction of the busy city night life feeling overwhelm, he began to walk seeing other women that work the night. One woman in particular looked his way as she was laughing with the other girls, "Can I help you sugar?" The woman asked the obvious lost man. T'Challa smiled at her asking if she know where 'Bambi' was. The woman smiled at the handsome man knowing who he is automatically, she walked away from the group getting close to the Prince so no one will hear their conversation, "What do yo want with Bambi?" Kyo asked making sure the Prince wasn't going to hurt her friend, T'Challa didn't know how to answer, he wasn't even sure why he wanted to see her himself. "I just need to talk to a friend." T'Challa answered hoping that will give him the answer he wanted. Kyo smiled at him, "She should be at the 'Glaring Warthog' if she isn't at the 'Dancing Impala' she's been looking a bit down lately. I'm happy to see she has a friend that can talk with her. Be good to her, she's a good kid." Kyo said smiling at the Prince as she gave him the directions walking away. 

T'Challa made it to what looks like to be an adult book store, he walked in looking around then asking the man at the register about 'Bambi' whereabouts. The man simply pointed to the back without giving T'Challa a second glance, T'Challa looked around him at the clean but dirty shop. He spotted another man that look to be behind a makeshift ticket booth, "You have money?" The man gruffly asked glaring at T'Challa thinking he's looking for a free show, T'Challa handed him the correct amount taking the coins then walking into the booth 'Bambi' was in. T'Challa put the coin in the slot not understand what it was he was suppose to be doing, the shoot opened up and there was the girl that's been haunting his mind for the past few months.

Fauna was sitting down on her stool trying to stop herself from thinking about her past that's been trying to haunt her lately,  when she heard the alarm go off indicating that a person was on the other side. Fauna put on her usual smile then began to dance, what was on the other side was someone she didn't think she would ever see again, Fauna smile went from being fake to being true when she spotted T'Challa on the other side. Fauna see him giving her his own smile as he saw her, Fauna leaned forward on the glass putting her hand on it where his face was, "What are you doing here?" Fauna asked in disbelief that she was seeing him in person and not on T.V. T'Challa put his hand on hers through the glass, "I told you we would see each other again." T'Challa said laughing. Fauna smiled at him putting her hands on her knees then looking around them with her mouth slightly open laughing at the silly Prince, "You came all the way here to see me?" Fauna asked feeling bashful for once in her life, T'Challa nod his head, "I need a friend to talk to. Seeing that you're busy I guess i'll come back later." T'Challa joked taking his hand off the glass pretending to walk away, "No wait!" Fauna shouted putting her hand on the glass thinking he was really leaving, she rolled her eyes hearing him laugh.

"That wasn't funny." Fauna said shaking her head at the Prince, T'Challa laugh, "It was pretty funny." T'Challa said covering his mouth seeing the glare that Fauna was giving him. Fauna backed away as the shoot began to drop, T'Challa frowned as she disappeared. He inserted another coin making the shoot raise up again finding Fauna smiling at him, "That was funny." Fauna said as she leaned forward on the glass. T'Challa shook his head at her, "Would you like to get something to eat?" T'Challa asked. Fauna looked at him once again with confusion, she then looked took a breath feeling nervous about taking up the offer, T'Challa saw the look on her face and reassured her. "I promise, I just want to talk and to see you." T'Challa said. Fauna nod her head giving him a smile, "Meet me outside. I'll be there soon." Fauna said moving out the way of the shoot. T'Challa felt his heart pound against his chest, as he practically ran away from the shop waiting on 'Bambi'. 

Fauna got dress in her clothes looking at herself in the mirror fixing her hair, she never thought she was an attractive woman. She never looked at herself in the mirror and saw a woman, she just saw a body with her face on it, tonight for some reason when looking into the mirror she saw a girl looking back at her. Fauna put on some light makeup that she had in her purse and continue to fix her hair, never before have she felt nervous and excited about going out to eat with a man. Fauna looked down taking a deep breath, 'You can do it. Everything will be fine.' Fauna thought to herself then she looked at herself once more standing up walking outside to where T'Challa was waiting for her. Fauna skipped out with a smile on her face looking around not seeing the Prince, she felt the wind blow through her hair as she looked around, 'I knew this was to good to be true' Fauna thought as she pulled out her vape feeling the familiar sprouts of disappointment. Just when she was about to take a puff, she spotted T'Challa walking up towards her with a smile. "I found this small restaurant, I hope you'll like it." T'Challa said with a smile. Fauna put down her vape giving him a small smile, "What. Did you think I left?" T'Challa smirked seeing her frown when he was walking up. Fauna rolled her eyes at him, "No." Fauna said turning her back to him. T'Challa laugh at her then offered his arm to her, "Come, let us fill our belly." T'Challa said, Fauna looped her arm around his walking side by side with him, she looked at him, only to see him also looking at her as well. They laugh at one another.