Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

Ronnie's Point of View:

I caught up to Jenna in the corridors, pulling her aside and getting a death glare from her as people continued on their way past us, heading to class.

"What do you want Radke?" she snapped, clearly still pissed with me.

"Look, I get that you're still pissed, but there's no need to snap at me like that," I said back, really wishing she had more tolerance. "I just wann'ed to come say hey; see how you're doin'."

Jenna looked at me suspiciously as she crossed her arms. I leant my arm on the wall next to her, giving her a smile as she thought.

"I know you don't just find me to come 'say hey' and 'see how I'm doing'," she said, her eyes narrowed at me. "So what're you up to?"

"Who says I'm up to anything?" I asked, that smile still there. "Maybe I'm telling you the truth for once and I wanna see how you're going."

Jenna scoffed at me.

"I doubt that Ronnie; you're not that simple," she said.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Really?"

She just looked at me with a mixture of annoyance and unamusement. She just stood there with her arms crossed, waiting for me to get to the point of why I was here.

"I just wanna make sure you're ok," I said with a bit of a shrug. "I know you hate me 'cause I made you fight that bitch, but seriously Jenna, it was your own fault. I just wanna make sure you're actually alright."

Jenna's expression softened a bit, and I watched as she studied my expression.

"Still don't know whatcha want, but that's nice of you to make sure I'm ok," she said, bitterness touching her tone. "So yeah Ronnie, I'm fine. Just pissed off with you."

I gave an understanding nod.

"And that's completely understandable," I said, Jenna just summing me up a slight bit as the last few people in the corridor disappeared into class and it became quiet. "I can see you hate me, and I understand that entirely. I just wantcha to know that I'm seriously sorry 'bout that beat down you got. But now you know how Juliet felt when you held her up in the corridors."

Jenna hit me on the arm as I laughed. I repositioned myself a slight bit as she glared at me.

"See, I knew you were gonna say something like that!" she snapped.

"Jesus Jenna, keep it down," I said, putting my hand over her mouth to shut her up, a slight smirk on my face. "We're s'posed to be in class right now."

Jenna removed my hand and glared at me again.

"Seriously though, I wann'ed to make sure you were alright," I said, Jenna still looking at me suspiciously. "And I was wondering if you could help me out..."

Jenna looked at me in disbelief.

"Nothing's ever good enough for you, is it Ronnie?" she asked, shaking her head as I looked down. "You book me into a fight without telling me, then you go and ask for my help with something. Aren't you ever satisfied?"

I looked up at her, and she saw I was dead serious as I looked at her.

"I seriously need your help with this though, 'cause you're the only one that knows about the fight on Friday," I said, Jenna shaking her head at me.

"You can't be serious," she said, still shaking her head at me.

"I am," I said. "All I need you to do, is come with me and then help me out afterwards. This asshole I'm against fights there regularly; I don't know if I'll be able to get back to Zacky's place by myself, and I don't particularly wanna spend the night in that alleyway again like last time."