Chapter Seven: Upside Down

It was yet another day at Hawkins high and Kaity couldn't wait till graduation so she didn't have to deal with half of these idiots she was surrounded by. Billy's blue Camero pulls in the parking space across from her and she starts walking towards it. Max get's out of the passengers' seat, skateboard in hand like always. "Hey, Max." Kaity waves and Max waves back. "Hey, Kaity." She smiles, skating off. Kaity turns her attention to Billy who was walking around his car to get to her. "Hey there," She smiles and he smiles too, pulling her into a hug. "How are you?" Kaity asked, looking up at him when they pull away from each other. "I'm fine, Kat. Don't worry about me." He pinches her chin softly and Kaity turns around when she hears someone clear their throat.

There stood Steve Harrington with his arms crossed, not looking very impressed. "Ready to go Kaity?" He asks, glaring at Billy who stared back at him. "Uh, yeah sure." He wrapped his arm around her and began walking her towards the school. Kaity manages to squeeze Billy's arm as she passes him. "What's going on between you two?" Steve asks, sounding annoyed. "We're friends." Kaity shrugged and Steve turned to face her, his arm falling to his side. He was looking at her like she was crazy. "Your friends with that douchbag?"

"Well, I'm friends with this douchbag so what's the difference?" She asked, motioning to him. "All the guy wants to do is get in your pants, Kaity-"

"How do you know?" Kaity asked, facing Steve making them stop in the hallway. "Do you have evidence or did you just assume that?" She felt herself getting annoyed. "He's tried to sleep with almost every girl here and he almost has!" Kaity rolls her eyes. "He's different with me, okay? I see a different him that nobody else sees."

"Maybe that's because he just wants to have sex with you." Steve shrugs. "And I don't even know what you see in him, he's a grade below you and will probably move on quickly-"

"Fuck off, Steve." Kaity just about growls and Steve's eyes widen and he drags her into the bathroom that they were beside. "What are you doing, Harrington?"

"You need to calm down before anyone sees you." Kaity turns away from him and looks at herself in the mirror to see what he was meaning. Her fist had a red radiating glow around them and her once blue eyes were now red. Kaity closed her eyes, leaning against the sink, taking in some deep breaths. She opens her eyes to see that they have gone back to being blue and her fist was no longer glowing. "Look, I'm sorry for pissing you off, I'm not trying to I just want you to be careful," Steve says as he stands next to her. "I know, but you have to let me take care of myself." He bites his lip and nods. "Come on, let's get you to class okay?" Steve puts his arm around her and she nods, allowing him to lead her out the bathroom and towards her class.

_____

"So have you talked to Nancy yet?" Kaity asked as she, Page, and Steve dumped their food trays, walking out of the lunchroom. "No, I haven't." Steve shook his head and Kaity widened her eyes at him and slapped his arm. "Steven! You need to talk to her!" Page exclaims with wide eyes. Steve has explained the situation to Page since she was out of the loop and didn't know what happened between Steve and Nancy at the Halloween party. "I will! But I'm not the one that's in the wrong here, she is." Kaity nods and so does Page, they both understood where Steve was coming from and why he didn't want to talk to her.

Kaity feels an arm that isn't Steve's wrap around her waist, lifting her up in the air making her laugh. Billy lifts Kaity up so she was being held like a princess in both his arms and her arms instinctively wrap around his neck. Kaity's face softens and she smiles but Steve looks at him with a blank expression and Page was smirking the whole time. "I was hoping I would catch you before class, I wanted to talk to you," Billy says and Kaity moves a piece of hair that moves onto his forehead. "I'll see you after school, Kaitlyn," Steve says as he shoves his hands in his pockets, walking away from them. Page clears her throat. "Imma go ahead and head to class, give you two some alone time." Page winks before continuing down the hall. "What's his deal?" Billy asks, still holding Kaity in his arms. "I don't think he likes us hanging out..." Kaity realizes that Billy was still holding her. "Put me down dork, people are looking at us crazy." She laughed and Billy set Kaity on her feet and she straightens her shirt. "What did you want to talk to me about?" Kaity askes as her and Billy started walking towards their class.