Chapter One: New Kid

"Kaitlyn!" The brunette teen looked up from her textbook and up to the door where her younger brother just busts into her bedroom. "Yes, dork?" She asked, wondering why he had to be so loud this early in the morning. "Do you mind taking me to school today?" She glanced down at the book she was using to study before the test she had in her second period. "What's wrong with your bike?" She askes as her eyes drifted over the words. "Something's wrong with one of the chains or something, please Kaity. Please." Dustin pleaded and she sighs and closed the book with a loud thud. "Fine, you're lucky I love you." Dustin smiled a toothy grin and rushed into the room and basically tackled Kaitlyn in a hug. She pretended to not be interested in the hug but she was smiling the whole time. "Get your shit, dork. Let's get on the road." She lightly pushed him and she sighs shaking her head as she stands.

She grabs the book and stuffs it back into her black backpack and zips up the bag

She grabs the book and stuffs it back into her black backpack and zips up the bag. She picked up her acid-washed denim jack and slipped it on, turning to check herself out in her full-length mirror. Her hair was slightly curled and teased, her bangs pushed to the side. She wore high wasted jeans, a white ACDC band shirt with one end tucked into her pants, the jacket, and her trusty black combat boots. This kind of look was her go-to and she loved it because it was her and she felt comfortable in it.

"Kaity!" Dustin yelled from down the hall and she rolled her eyes. "I'm coming you little shit!" She checked her appearance quickly once more before tossing her bag over her shoulder, grabbing her car keys and heading out of her room to go meet with her impatient little brother. The siblings head outside and she unlocks her car and smiles when she sees it. "You're so weird," Dustin says as they both slide in the front seat. "How so?" She asked as she stuck her key in the ignition. "You literally smile at your car like it's a hot guy." Kaity laughs and she twists the key, the engine roaring to life. "This is my baby, Dusty," She rubs the steering wheel as she looks at her brother. "You got to admit she's beautiful." Dustin rolled his eyes, turning to look out his window as she drove out of their driveway, her polished black 67' Chevy Impala shining in the sun.

She turned on the radio and switched it to the radio station that was her go-to and turn it up when a certain song came on. Her finger tapped absentmindedly to the beat on the steering wheel, her and Dustin breaking out in song. "The wheel in the side keeps on turnin'!" They both sing and Kaity laughs. After a few minutes, Kaity turns down the radio. "So, am I gonna have to take you to the arcade today after school?" She asked as she glanced over at her little brother. "Yeah, if you don't mind."

"'Course I don't, Dusty. I just like to give you a hard time." She reached her hand out and patted his shoulder once before bringing it back to the wheel. "So what where you so worked up about yesterday?"

"Huh?" he asked. "I heard you on your little walkie saying something about, "Someone beating your high score," and something about, "MadMax,"what where you talking about?"