Chapter Twenty-One: Summer Time Sadness

Kaity sat at the edge of the community pool, her legs dangling in the warm water. It was like any usual summer evening. There were kids splashing each other, teens hanging out with friends and parents watching their children closely. The sun was warm against Kaity's skin and she smiled as she watched a little boy that was maybe four playing with his mother by the pool. She leaned her head back, her eyes closed behind the shaded sunglasses.

Kaity furrowed her brow when the sounds around her suddenly stopped and went completely dead. She opens her eyes and almost jumps back in her position when everyone in and around the pool was facing her, their eyes staring off into the distance. They were all motionless with blank stares. Suddenly, they all lift there hands, pointing behind Kaity who swallows hard before turning to look behind her. Billy stood there a few feet away from her and she narrows her eyes at him. He stared off into the distance just like the others did, motionless with no emotions registering in his face or eyes. Kaity turns her head to look back to the pool, expecting to see all the people still standing there but they were all gone. She turns to see Billy was no longer behind her either.

Her attention turns to the pool, the water becoming red and her eyes widened as she watched it change before her eyes. She could no longer see her feet that were still in the water. Kaity lets out a surprised scream when she feels two hands wrap tightly around her ankles. Before Kaity could do anything, she is yanked off the edge of the pool and she is being pulled under the red surface. She was floating in the mass of water that looked endless. Her eyes widen as she sees Billy floating in front of her. "Look for me, Kaity." He says, a sinister smirk on his face and the look in his eyes wasn't anymore welcoming. Her eyes drift to beside him to see...Billy? There were two Billy's floating side by side. They were dressed the same. Both wore jeans, a black muscle shirt, and boots along with Billy's usual accessories but their deminers were completely different. "No, you have to stay away from me." The other pleaded, blue eyes full of tears. As Kaity look between the two, one was more like the Billy she knew and the other was a Billy she was afraid to see.

"Don't listen to him, Kaitlyn. You need to find me." Kaity narrowed her eyes at sinister Billy and her eyes moved towards her Billy. "Baby, he's going to try and kill you! Please! Stay away from me, it's for your own good!" He pleaded with her and a tear slid down his cheek and she felt tears well up into her own eyes as she watched him. "That's enough." The other Billy growled and out of the darkness, a tentacle wraps around her Billy's waist and his eyes widen. "No. No, please!" He claws at the black tentacle, pleading. "No!" He cries as it pulls him backward quickly, his hand reaching out for Kaity. "Billy!" Kaity screams as she watches her Billy disappear into the void, tears falling from her eyes and hand reached out for him.

A dark chuckle that echos sickly in her ears makes her slowly turn in her spot and her eyes fall on the sinister Billy. He stood there with dark veins and his eyes were dark, striking fear into Kaity's heart. His evil laughter slowed to a stop and there was a pause. There was no noise, just the two of them, watching each other. In a flash, he lurches forward, wrapping his hands around her neck, squeezing tightly. Kaity grabbed at his arms and hands, so desperately trying to pry him off of her. She tried to use her powers but they were gone. She was just a girl with the hands of a strong being wrapped around her throat and no matter how much she fought, she couldn't get his hands loose from her neck.

The air began to fade and her lungs burned. As her vision was beginning to fade, something hits sinister Billy, knocking him away from Kaity. Once he moves, her Billy is revealed and she smiles but coughs. "Go!" He yells to her, grabbing the sinister Billy before he could come back to her. She began to swim upwards, her arms and legs trying to get her to the surface as fast as they possibly could. She glanced back down to see her Billy fighting with the other Billy. Kaity continued swimming, it felt like it was taking forever to make any progress but the top of the water came in sight, giving her a newfound determination. Her head broke the surface of the water and she inhales deeply-