Alternate Ending: Life With Billy Hargrove

My Christmas gift from me to you, enjoy❤️
___

Alternate Ending: Life With Billy Hargrove

Life is unexpected. We don't know what can happen in a few years or in five seconds. The decisions we make can determine what outcomes we make in life. They can be big decisions like; what college will I go to? Or it could be a small decision like; do I want ham or turkey on my sandwich? Believe it or not, even the smallest split second decisions can turn into big outcomes. Kaitlyn Henderson has learned that all of her life. Every single decision she has ever made has lead her to where she is right now in this very moment. She was very aware of how things could be extremely different in her life if she didn't do what she did the night of July 4th, 1985. When the Mind Flayer stood there in the Starcourt Mall, looking down on her and Billy. If it wasn't for her quick thinking or just pure impulse, she knew her life would be completely different then it is now.

Kaity watches as the Mind Flayer stumbles around, trying to get away from the fireworks her freinds were throwing at it. They were trying to buy her some time but she knew that her time was running short ever firework they threw. They would eventually run out and her distraction would be gone and soon the Mind Flayer would focus back on her.

Kaity turned her attention back onto her boyfriend that was hovered over her. He had her shoulders pinned to the ground and he winches in pain every time a firework would hit the Mind Flayer. She knew that she had a small chance, just a sliver of a chance to get through to him. To break through the Mind Flayers barriers that he set up in Billy's mind and she would be able to reach him. Maybe she could save him. All the memories that she's ever made with him flashed through her mind, all the good and the bad. To when they first met, their first date, first argument, every time they danced together, the times when Kaity would comfort Billy and he would comfort her, their shared kisses and steamy nights. The time that they stood out in front of his car, looking out at the firework from their secret spot.

"Our secret spot..." Kaity mumbles and Billy looks down at her. "Do...do you remember when I first took you to our secret spot?" She asked, not expecting an answer in return and he didn't give her one. "It was our first date, we weren't dating yet. You took me out dancing and we danced till our legs felt like jello." She chuckled, tears springing to her eyes. In that moment, it just felt like it was her and Billy. No Mind Flayer, no fireworks, just them. "I told you that I wanted to take you to a special place." Kaity smiles through the tears. "You apparently liked me enough to let me drive your Camero." She laughs again and tears slide down her face. "I made you cover your eyes so it wouldn't spoil the surprise. Once we got there I took you out and let you see," Kaity watched as tears formed in his eyes and she kept going. "You were amazed by how clear you could see the stars..." The look on his face that night flashed though her mind and she blinks, causing the rest of the tears to fall down the sides of her face.

"That was the same night you told me about your dad being abusive and I told you that I escaped form a bad place," She fights through a sob and Billy lets out a deep breath. "I hugged you when you started to cry and I told you I would always be there for you. That now my special place was now your special place...our secret spot." Kaity sobs, her vision a little blurry from the amount of tears in her eyes. "Do you know what you told me?" She watches as some of the black veins on his face begin to disappear and some tears of his own fell from his eyes, onto her shirt. "You said that you were happy that we were friends." She cries harder, trying to fight back the sobs so she could speak. "And I said I was too." Her bottom lips trembles harshly. "You were happy." She sobs and and Billy nods, actually responding to her words, his face almost clear of veins. "We were happy." A sob escape his lips and she knew she had him then. Her Billy.