[ Chapter 5 ]

*play song*

Dante's pov.

" Congratulations to Garroth and Gene, for winning the tournament " F/n raise his goblet.

We all raise our goblet as a toast and they all drink in one go as I just took a sip.

" M/n, calm your nerves, Y/n will be alright " I look at Rachel who has her eyes on Y/n's mother.

She was frowning.

" I'm sorry " she said and force a smile.

" As Katelyn said, it did push off a little weight off my shoulders " she said.

" I'm sure she will recover with enough rest " I said.

" This is a celebration, let's not bring up some upsetting topics, and pray my daughter will recover quickly " F/n said.

As minutes pass, we eat the dinner and a performance in the middle of the room. As more time passes by, they finish their performance, everything turns into a conversation.

When F/n coughed.

" Oh dear, I thought your in full recovery F/n " mother said.

" Slight " he said and take a sip of his water, clearing his throat.

" I see why Y/n worries you a lot " Garroth said.

" Vylad, when will you finish that book? " Zianna asked.

" I actually did, this is book number eight " Vylad said.

" You and your books " Zane said as he pull up his mask.

I felt my eyes were a little heavy and I have no appetite to eat anymore.

I stood up.

" I feel a bit tired, I think I would like to have an early goodnight " I said.

" Go ahead, there's no one holding anyone back "F/n said.

I bow and walk out as the door opens for me. I exit and they close it.

I exhale and walk down the hallway to where my chambers are supposed to be. I then saw Y/n's servant, Natalie I believe her name is.

She exits Y/n's chambers.

I walk up to the door and knock, I enter and see Katelyn sitting on a chair leaned back, about to fall asleep. I approach and tap her shoulder, she looks up at me and stood up.

" Dante, I thought your supposed to be at the banquet " she said.

" I was thinking to take over " I said.

" You? " She asked.

" Give me a chance, it's like what you said, 'take turns in helping the princess recover' " I mimic her voice.

She snicker and nudge her elbow on my arm. I chuckled.

" Quiet with the talking please " we look down to see Y/n, wide awake.

" Your awake " Katelyn said.

" I've been awake for three hours " she said and slowly sit up.

I help her and my heart started racing. I ignored and when she's properly up, I take a step back.

My heart slowly calms down.

" I'm fine " she said.

" Your Highness " I see a maid pass her a bowl of soup.

I take it and pass it to her, she slowly eats it and when she was finish, I take it and give it back to the girl. She wipes her lips and coughed a little.