[ Chapter 26 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I sighed and stand next to Gene as Dante and Nicole hold hands, while the priest speaks.

" What happened here? " Gene holds my arm.

" It's just some maid who spilled food on me " I said, he nodded and we pay attention to the other two.

I feel tears forming in my eyes, I look at Finn who is standing alone.

" Where's your mother? " I asked, he shrugged.

" I don't know "

" With the power vested in me I may pronounced you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride " the priest said.

Dante looks at me and I smile nodding, Gene did the same to Nicole and they both kiss. I bite my tongue to hold the urge of crying.

Everyone cheered, they both pull apart immediately and I notice Nicole wiping her lip as tears stream down her cheeks. Dante hugs her as she calms down.

Music started playing as they hold hands, Gene and I lean against each other's shoulder.

" I gotta admit, they do not look like a perfect match " Gene said, I snicker.

" Your just jealous " I push him a little when the door behind us burst open.

We all turn around to see a maid.

" Your Majesty!, The queen!, She was attacked! " She shouts.

Gene and Dante didn't hesitate and run down the hallway with their father.

Nicole and I look at each in confusion, we both rush down the hallway with the other guest and made it to the queens chamber.

I stood there with eyes widened to see Maria with a hairpin stabbed to her chest, into her heart.

My hairpin.

Dante sit down on the floor with his arms around her, Finn on his knees along with Gene.

" Oh my god " Nicole cover her mouth.

" Dante " I walk up to him as I swallow a lump.

" Isn't this the hairpin I gave you? " He looks up at me with tears.

" I. . . .I " I couldn't get words out.

" Answer him Y/n " Gene look up at me with his gritted teeth.

" I lost that hairpin two weeks ago " I said.

" Where were you before the ceremony? " Finn asked.

" I was in my room looking for the hairpin with my maid! " Tears form in my eyes.

" You're a liar! " A maid shouts.

She approaches me and grab my arm.

" Look, that's the stain from the food I was carrying when you ran, you crashed into me! " she said.

" A maid name Alice crashed into me before " I said.

" Your Majesty! " Mariko kneels.

" It's true! "

" Look " the made grabs Mariko's hand that is bandaged.

" The cut is there when Her Highness pushed you out of the way! " She said.

" She even said your name before she died, you did this! " She said, I shake my head.

Dante looks at me with tears, I burst out crying.