[ Chapter 28 ]

*play song*

~ 1 Year Later ~

Y/n's pov.  

I hold father's hand as he lie down on the bed weakly, coughing.

" Do you have to? " I asked.

" My time has come Y/n " he coughs, I bite my bottom lip as Aiden next to me.

Tears stream down my cheeks.

" We can't loose you too " I said.

" Everyone dies, it's my turn now " he said.

" Say hi to mother " Aiden said.

He chuckles weakly.

" And grandmother " I smile as more tears stream down.

" Don't forget Arthur " Aiden.

" I won't " he said.

" I love my children and kingdom, dying in peace is all I want " he said, he takes off the ring on his finger and pass it to Aiden.

" The royal seal " Aiden said as he take sit.

I wipe away my tears.

" Just close your eyes, it will be over soon " I smile.

He close his eyes and take a deep breath, he exhale and his grip around my hand loosens. I burst out crying and Aiden wrap his arm around my shoulder, caressing it with his hand.

The doctor approach and place his finger under his nose. He kneels down.

" His Majesty has passed away " he said.

I place his hand over his stomach, Aiden pull the blanket over his head and I stood up. He hugs me again as I cry on his shoulder.

We pull apart.

" They have to bury the body now " he said, I nodded.

We walk out of the room and out of the house, where we see the civilians of the village standing with candles in their hands. It's dark at night, they all stand there with their family and kids.

" Thank you everyone for the prayers " Aiden said.

" He was once our king and our condolences to Your Highness's " said the Lord.

" Now His Majesty has passed away, the throne is passed on to my brother, Aiden L/n " I said.

" I may be the king now but, since our kingdom was destroyed and it not known to other kingdoms we're still alive, I would like to make a change " Aiden said.

" What changes? " I asked.

" My sister and I will set out for a journey to Tu'la " he said.

My eyes widened and I look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

" We will seek audience to the King for help to build Avalon again, a proper kingdom " Aiden said.

" You all may head back into your houses and rest, we will be setting out tommorow " he said.

" Aiden, a word? " I asked, he turns to me and nodded.

I enter the house and he shut the door behind him.

" What are you doing? " I asked.

" I'm making a change Y/n "

" I can't step foot into Tu'la, who knows what will happen to me " I said.

" I am the king now, I won't let that happen to my sister "

" What am I going to do if I see him? " I asked as tears gather in my eyes.