[ Chapter 25 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" I was hoping that Gene will get married, but Dante is the older brother " Old Madam said.

" I was expecting that as well " I said.

" Gene or Dante? " She asked.

" Dante, as the first son of course " I said.

" I was actually matching you with him " I look up at her from my paper with my quill in hand.

" R-really? " I asked.

" I was too late, plus my son wouldn't have agreed because of your status, and I apologise " she said, I faintly smile.

" No worries, I'm sure I'll be with someone better " I look back down on the paper, continuing to write my letter.

" Who are you writing that to? " She asked.

" Oh, just practicing, haven't written in a while " I said, she hummed in response.

And that sounds like she doesn't like my response.

" Is there something wrong? " I asked.

" I just couldn't stop looking at your handwriting " she said, I sighed and put down the quill inside the bottle of ink.

I crumple the paper and throw it behind me, letting Mariko catch the fifth ball.

" Father always complains about it too " I take another sheet of paper.

I grab the quill but then realize what I said.

I whine and put the quill back slamming my forehead on the table.

" It's alright to mention them " I sit up properly and see Finn.

I stood up and curtsy.

" Your Majesty " I said.

" Just don't mention too often " he said, I nodded and sit back down.

He sit down to my right and to his mother's left.

" I can have someone to teach you how to write calligraphy " he said.

" Oh, it's alright, it's better for me to learn for myself " I smile and pick up the quill.

He and his mother have a chat as I write down on the paper, minutes past and I've made eight crumpled ball for Mariko to catch as I throw it behind me.

" Sometimes I wonder if you will ever finish writing one simple letter " Finn said.

" I'm just not satisfied " I said.

" Always satisfied in everything, appreciate it " Old Madam said, I nodded and I put down the quill.

I take a sip of the tea and place the cup on the plate.

" Mother " I look up and see Maria approaching with her personal maidservant, I glare at her and I stood up.

" Your Highness " I curtsy and sit back down with no expression.

" Maria, sit down " Old Madam said.

She goes around behind her and sit down to my left of the square table.

" Oh my, what are these? " Maria pick up the piece of the paper and start reading what I have written.

" Paper " I said.

" I didn't say specifically " she said with a short glare, I take back the paper.

" I'm trying to write a letter " I said.