[ Chapter 31 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" Your Highness? "

I turn around and a maid enters.

" Yes? " I asked.

" Princess Nicole would like to speak with you " she said, I furrow my eyebrows and nodded.

" Let her in " I said.

She leaves the room and I adjust my expression, the door opens and I look up to see Nicole.

" Y/n " she closes the door and walk up to me.

She hugs me and I was taken aback.

" I'm so glad your still alive " she said, we pull apart and I smile.

" I'm sorry on how I treated you earlier " I said.

" No, I'm sorry for not standing up for you on thee day of the incident " she said.

" It's alright, everyone was in shock " I said.

Well, specifically not you.

" I just wish I I've done something better " she said.

" Like I said, it's alright, why are you here?, Aren't you supposed to be with Dante? " I asked.

" He's with Gene multitasking, I'm here to make sure your alright, after what we've done " she said.

" You've done nothing " I said, she smiles.

" Why don't we head to the garden and have some tea? " She asked.

" I have some task of my own to do as well, I was about to head to Aiden " I said.

" Oh, okay " she nodded.

She looks disappointed.

" I have to go anyways " she smiles, I smile back.

" Go ahead " I said, she nodded and walk out of the room as I drop my smile.

It's when Jordan enters.

" Jordan " he closes the door and lock it as he approach me.

" Have you done what I've asked you to? " I asked, he nodded and approach me with a small box in his hand.

" It wasn't easy to find " He said.

" Did Nicole saw you? " I asked, he shake his head.

" Good " I take it and walk up to my dresser.

" What did she want? " He asked.

" Probably trying to lead me somewhere " I said.

I open the box and see a vile of clear liquid, I take out the cork and take a whiff, the sour smell was caught and I move away from it quickly.

I close it with the cork.

" May I ask what is it for? " He asked.

" The poison is very deadly, it'll take 15 hours before the victim dies " I said.

" It's sweet with a sour smell, like a healthy apple that is rotten inside " I turn around to him.

" Why would Your Highness want that poison? " He asked.

" Nicole and I aren't so different, we're both like a vixen "

" I want you to bare with me for now, did you tell Dante? " I asked, he shake his head.

" I remain silent as you say " he said.

" Good " I put the vile in between the tight ribbon around my waist, I turn to the mirror and see it's not visible.