[ Chapter 23 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" I'm glad the whole village survived " I said.

" We evacuated days before and was just lucky, we sent men's to warn the king but I guess they didn't make it " Carla said.

" It's understandable " Aiden said.

" I'm no longer a princess anymore, Finn took me in as his ward " I said.

" We can't give up yet, Derek knows our whereabouts, he's been sending Aaron and Melissa here to help us " father said.

" Thanks to Mariko, she wouldn't have bumped into you guys " I said.

" You brought the blade? " Aiden asked, I nodded and take out the blade.

I unwrap the fabric from the blade.

" We have to be careful with it, it's forge with poison, one simple cut from it can be a fatal wound " I said.

Father takes it, he examines it.

" This is definitely Maria's, that's her family seal " he said.

" You still haven't found the cure yet? " Carla asked.

" My brothers and have been questioning the people in Forstford and only one person knows how to make the poison and the antidote " Mariko said.

" Where is the antidote now? " Father asked.

" He only made three antidotes, all hidden where we do not know and still on the investigation " Mariko said.

" Where is the man who made the antidote, why not ask him to make more? " Aiden asked.

" Unfortunately he killed himself with the poison, no one knows how he made the antidote " I said.

" Maria must've forced him " Carla said.

" His family member weren't aware of his work so he's the only one who knows how to make it, we're on the search for the antidotes and hopefully we can find them, just in case we go to battle and one of us got stabbed " I said.

" Can you step out for a while?, I need to talk Y/n " father said as he pt down the blade on the fabric.

I look at him in confusion and they all nodded walk out of the house.

" What is it? " I asked, he sighs and take my hand.

" You've changed a lot " he said.

" How? " I asked.

" You have your grandmother's spirit, full of courage, stronger, not that once sweet Y/n I know "

I look away.

" Your full of rage " I take my hand away and stood up turning away and cross my arms.

" What Maria did is despicable, let alone Finn doesn't know a single clue on how cruel and ruthless his wife can be " I said.

I hear him getting and he turns me around.

" This is revenge " he said.

" You said to be more stubborn, then I am going to be " I said.

" That's the spirit " he chuckles.

I smile faintly.

He pulls me into a hug, I hug back.

" I'm scared to loose everyone " I said.

We pull apart.

" One word, courage " he said, I look at him in confusion.