Part 20 The Hairbrained Plan - Nuffink POV

My sleepy eyes squint as I watch my sister snatch her satchel from under her nightstand and begin to load it up. She stuffs Toothless in there and swipes her journal off her nightstand.

"Zephyr, what... What are you doing?"

"Daddy and Mommy are sad and I want to make them feel better. I think we can do that if we bring back the dragons." she says closing her satchel and standing like she's ready for anything.

"Ooookaaaaaay." I say completely unsure about her plan. "I thought the dragons can't come back until there's peace?"

"So?" She asks not at all affected by my question.

"Well considering half our village just burned to the ground I would say we have a peace problem around here wouldn't you?" I say. I want to bring back the dragons as much as anyone else, but I still don't see any way we can do that.

"Look," she says. "Whoever those good for nothing's who burned down our home are they have got to find a leader. Find him and talk some sense into him and quicker than you can say night fury we have peace on the archipelago again."

"Good luck." I scoff.

"Nuff, we can do this I know it. We won't know if it's possible or not until we try."

"We?!" My heart flutters. "What do you mean 'we'? There's no way you're pulling me in on this one!"

"But Nuffink I need your help! I can't do this alone."

"Look Zephyr, going on pretend dragon adventures with you in the woods is one thing, but this is insane!" I cry.

"But Nuff," she says sitting down next to me in a big sisterly sort of way. "It's for Daddy and Mommy. You want to see than happy again don't you?"

"Yeah." I say. I really do want them to be happy. I just don't know if I can do it.

"See Nuff! You can be brave for them!"

But that made me think of something Yes! That's it! I can be brave. I don't know if I can do it, but I certainly will try! And if I can be brave enough, maybe, just maybe, I can be brave like my daddy."

"Yeah!" I say jumping up. "I can do it! I will do it!"

"That's my little brother." Says my sis smiling at me.

"How do we start?" I ask now looking at my big sister in full attention.

"Well I thought maybe we could take the ship Daddy and I sailed in when we went to Berserker Island."

"Okay." I say excitedly nodding. "When do we sail captain?"

"I was gonna say now, if you think so." she replies with a shrug.

"Count me in!" I reply. I can't be more excited! It's finally my chance to prove myself! I can show Daddy I'm brave like him and help Zephyr bring back the dragons at the same time! It's like dream come true!