Part 45 My Baby Girl - Hiccup POV

I wake up with a start. I jolt upright. All my senses are suddenly alert, and my mind is loaded with questions I can't answer. Where am I? What has happened? Where are my children? How long have I been out.

I look around me searching for answers. I see that I am in some kind of a hold.. Three sides around me are wooden and one is a wall of metal bars which stand as the gate to either my captivity or my freedom. I look to my hands and I see that I am manacled tightly and in this way bound to the wall.

I look for a way of escape but this I cannot find. The bars are completely secure and I have nothing with which I can pick the lock. I sit down miserably and lay my head in my hands. My heart is aching and I am shaking with nervousness. How am I to find my children now?

I lay my hands hopelessly at my sides but as I do, my hand brushes against something. Its softness makes my heart thump and a million precious memories flood my mind. I look down and there's... Zephyr's little Toothless.

I let out a cry when I see it and I snatch it up in my hands. I hug the little toy tightly as if I am hugging my own daughter. Tears begin to leak from my eyes and I begin to sob. I bury my face in Toothless and I am shaking with my sobs.

"All right move it!" a rough voice yells and I hear the clinking of chains as several pairs of footsteps come my way. The door to my cell opens and I hear someone being shoved inside. The new person sits down. It must be Viggo. But when I look of... My heart skips a beat.

"ZEPHYR!" I cry. Without delay I scoop my daughter up in my arms and completely break down. SHe too begins to cry and though I am falling apart myself, I try my best to hush her cries and dry her tears.

"Oh Zephyr! Oh Zephyr baby it's all right. Daddy's got you! You're gonna be okay sweetie!"

My face is completely drenched now as I hold my weeping daughter to my chest. I can't believe it! My baby girl is safe in my arms at last I am never letting her go!

"Shhhhh. Zephyr, baby it's okay! Oh sweet baby girl don't cry! Daddy's got you! Daddy loves you!"

"I'm okay Daddy! I'm okay, I'm just so happy to see you!" Burying her face in my chest she cries again.

I plant a long kiss in her auburn locks and I rock back and forth to soothe her just as I had when she was only a tiny baby. Oh how I love this girl so! I hold her n my arms for a long time and after a while, she has fallen asleep. "Sleep sweet girl. I say running my fingers through my precious daughter's long hair. Kissing her brow I put Toothless in her arms and lean back against the wall with her cradled in my arms.