11- Deciphering the Prophecy

"So you're telling me, you guys order pizza to the middle of the woods on Long Island and they don't ask questions?" I asked as I took a bite of pizza.

Evelyn, Jason, Piper, Percy, Nico, Leo, Frank, Annabeth, Hazel, Rachel, and I all sat in what they called the war room.

A map of the world lay stretched out in a perfect fit on the round table while maps of different countries lay on the walls.

It was nearly midnight and we were all just hanging out, and trying to solve what the Prophecy meant.

We quickly lost focus of that and just started hanging out. It felt weird honestly most of them were double my age but it didn't matter, we were going to war together.

We had just met but it felt like I had known them my entire life.

I looked over at Evelyn who had her feet on the table and her arms crossed but she was smiling at all the conversations happening.

"So Achilles, what can you do?" Annabeth asked looking at me.

I shrugged. "Not much, the only powers I really have full control over are my fathers domain. I mean I can summon small flames, and manipulate the plants and water now and then but I can't hold it."

"You didn't lose your powers, Achilles. It doesn't work like that. My guess is that you're having some sort of mental block. Trauma from Thanatos." Jason said to me.

"What are you proposing?" I asked knowing something was up.

"Stay here at Camp Half-Blood. Work on your abilities, we're going to need you at full strength for the war." Percy said to me.

I looked over at Evelyn who nodded her head at me.

I nodded. "I need to call my friends and tell them to start preparing for the war." I said patting my pockets and finding nothing.

"Looking for this?" Leo asked flashing my phone. He tossed it to me. "I put a chip in it, when we use normal phones it's like an antenna to monsters, it expands our scent."

"Thank you." I said as I stood up and dialed my friends. I walked into a small room down the hall.

"Ash?! Where are you? We haven't seen you all day." Hope said as she answered clearly angry.

"Listen to me, there's a camp full of demigods. An army. I'm there now, and I'm going to be staying here until the war to help as best I can and work on regaining my abilities. Just start preparing, I'll keep you updated." I said to her.

She sighed clearly angry but she understood what was at stake. "Okay I'll get everyone ready for war. Just be safe and check in." Hope said before hanging up the phone.

I retreated back to the table and sat down as the words of the prophecy spun in my head.

"Let's get to work." I said to them. "The Champion of Olympus is me, I'm assuming it means me arriving to Camp Half-Blood."

"Pantheons stand United... must be talking about the Olympians and the Asgardians forming an alliance." Annabeth suggested.

"War lurks as the darkness cries." Leo said tapping a pencil against the table. "Monsters are in Tartarus right, they could be crying to get out.. and if they all get out."

"It means war." Frank finished for him.

Leo nodded.

"Monsters Unleashed clearly means someone is going to open Pandora's Box to free the monsters from Tartarus." I said biting my thumb.

"But don't the Olympians have the box?" Hazel asked confused.

I shook my head. "The Box was stolen from Olympus three years ago. A year after I had brought it to Olympus. They're waiting for the right time. A full scale assault."

"That still doesn't make sense. Isn't the box just a box, how can you unleash the monsters if it's just a box?" Piper asked.

"We have a theory." Evelyn said glancing at me.

I nodded for her to continue.

"We believe the Box is just a gateway to Tartarus, a portal. To and From." Evelyn said.

Percy nodded. "Honestly, it makes sense. Put the box in the Empire State Building. It's a Trojan horse. Perfect strategy."

Leo raised an eyebrow. "Who's side are you on, fish lips?"

Percy scowled at him.

"A war on two fronts." Rachel said confused. "New York obviously but where else?"

"They'll attack Salvatore, in Mystic Falls, Virginia." I said to them. "It's just a matter of where Cronus decides to attack himself."

"Why, attack there?" Jason asked. "You got a theory for that one?"

"Actually. I do." I said winking at him. "You see Pandora's Box is for monsters. Anything from a hellhound to Typhon could come from it, but the Titan of Time? Not a chance. His essence is far too powerful for the Box to hold."

"So they'd attack Salvatore to get their hands on the Amulet." Annabeth said putting the pieces together.

"What Amulet?" Percy asked.

"The one that can open a portal anywhere in the world. Seaweed brain. Weren't you listening." She said to him.

"Exactly. Once the monsters get their hands on that, they'll open a portal to Tartarus where Cronus where will rise once again. They will then use the portal as an easy way to Olympus and Asgard." Evelyn said nodding her head.

"It's clear we'll lose people along the way. Allies, possibly even friends." Nico said. "We all know the cost of war, but we take Cronus down. Whatever it takes."

The table nodded and sat in silence for a few moments.

"We don't know when that box will open but we know it's radiating enough power to pick up with our demigod instincts. In five days time, if we have no indication that's it's been opened I'll take a team and search for it. Wherever it is, it can't be far." I said to everyone.

"I need three of you on my team of six." I said to the table.

"I go where you go." Evelyn said smiling at me.

"I'm in." Percy said giving a smile. "I've been itching for a quest."

Everyone looked around the table. "Someone needs to lead Camp Jupiter. That'll be Frank, Hazel, and I." Jason said nodding at them.

"I'll be leading the army of the dead." Nico said quietly.

"I have the baby to watch." Annabeth said to me.

I looked at Piper. "I go where Jason goes."

"Fine I'll do it, jeez pipe down with the compliment I know I'm the best man for the job." Leo said causing everyone to laugh.

"Five days. We'll meet before we leave."