12- Day One

"So, How did it feel?" I asked Jason as we ate breakfast.

Jason raised an eyebrow at me. "How did what feel?"

"Dying, like being dead?" I asked confused not knowing how to exactly the question.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, one minute I was in pain and the next I was on a beach in Elysium."

I smiled. "Come on, Seriously. Tell me."

"I'm telling you the truth." He said to me. "When you die you either go to the Field of Asphodel, the Field of Punishment, or Elysium. Unless you choose rebirth where you can eventually end up in the Isle of the Blest where you go if you die three times a hero."

"All that sounds like really cool and all but how about we skip the part where a hero dies."

He put a hand on my shoulder. "We're brothers now, you don't die on my watch."

"You ready?" A voice asked from behind me.

It was Percy's.

"Ready for what?" I asked confused.

"Your training. If we only have five days to rediscover your abilities we need to take advantage of that." He said to me as I stood up with Jason. "I couldn't fight Cronus when he had a human host. You're going to need all the help you can get when you have to fight him at close to full power."

I could feel the blood drain from my face. The greatest Demigod hero couldn't fight the Titan of Time while he had a human host. How was I supposed to fight him at full strength.

Percy patted my back. "Don't worry. You'll be just fine."

I looked at him as we walked towards the beach. "You're a really bad liar."

***
I wiped the sweat from my brow as I took deep, heavy breaths. "It's not working." I said to Percy as he watched over me.

"It didn't exactly work for me the first time I became aware of my powers." He said to me.

I looked at him. "Except when I needed them they worked for me, and then I went under and now they don't."

"Maybe they've just completely disappeared?" He suggested to me.

The sky boomed as thunder rolled across the sky. Father didn't like that comment.

Percy looked up and growled. "Oh, stop it. I'm not picking on him I'm just suggesting."

Silence filled the air and a calming breeze set in.

I shook my head. "I can still feel the ocean, and the earth, and the fire inside of me. I just can't manipulate it."

"Were you ever able to control it?"

"No, it came all at once. Like a final act of Hope to save my life."

Percy shook his head. "It was you realizing your full potential, you allowed yourself to believe that there is so much more to you than the sky." He looked at me encouraging. "I promise you will be able to achieve your true potential again."

"Unless, I don't make it."

Percy stopped and a dark shadow crossed his eyes. "If there's one thing I've learned from the mythological world it's that fate is never as it seems."

"Can we take a break?" I asked him. "There's been something I've been meaning to talk to you about."

Percy caught the glimpse of worry in my eye and nodded. "Follow me, we'll get you some water."

***

Percy sat down across the table from me and Evelyn sat down next to me.

"What is it?" He asked me.

A cold shiver of fear and terror ran down my back.

"I was meditating a few days back, and suddenly the vines I had been using to reach into the earth suddenly became cold and the ground frosted over and I was pulled under into some sort of dream."

Percy's eyes glazed over. "You went there didn't you, to Tartarus."

I gulped and nodded.

"I saw Cronus, he has an army. One much bigger than from the second Titan War."

"Is that all?"

I shook my head still terrified.

"I can feel him, Percy."

"Cronus?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "I can feel Tartarus, and I have reason to believe that Cronus will not be the worst of what's to come."

Percy sighed and pulled a hand through his hair before taking a deep breath.

"I'll let Chiron know, but for now let's keep our eyes on Chiron."

I nodded and I jumped slightly as Evelyn's cold hand grabbed mine.

She jumped back a little. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle."

I chuckled.

"It's just the cold."

Percy opened the door.

"If you have anymore dreams or visions you come to me."