Thoughts And Trust

I woke up to the movement of my bed. I peeked through my groggy mind and saw Itachi's silhouette standing over me as he was highlighted by the shine of the moon which slithered through the window. I watched on confused for a moment. That was until I saw the paper in Itachi's hand. I swayed with how quickly I sat up and caught Itachi's eye in a bit of panic.

"I didn't mean to wake you," he said.

With the way my eyes continuously glanced at the paper he was holding, filled with all the English I had written down, he knew what I was thinking. "I found these when I changed the bedsheets last night." He said. My mouth opened and closed in muted shock.

After realizing what the consequences could have been had I not been taken with Rin, I was so shaken that I had completely forgotten about the papers. I was slowly returning to how I was when I first received my memories; like I was an emotionless human being who sat around and did nothing. Alive but dead.

Oh how far I had come, only to go a mile back.

"I've never seen this type of writing before." Itachi's remark drove me back home, and I reached out to retrieve the parchment. He let me take them and I smoothed out the folds. I read the words which were written scraggly and somewhat incoherent. I was able to read them when I had written them but now some of the words were too bunched up or too small to make out. "You won't tell me what they are?" Itachi asked.

My chest tightened. The thought of keeping Itachi in the dark, from all of my secret made me feel guilty. He was someone I trusted with my entire being, and Itachi himself was giving up whatever childhood he had for me. To protect me. He must be disappointed. There shouldn't be any secrets between us after all. We came into this world together, and we grew up together. No doubt, we would be with each other for the rest of our lives. We were brothers. We should trust each other with everything.

Athen... What would he have done? Would he have told Itachi everything much earlier? Would he have made sure he knew the dangers of the future? I didn't know, but when I caught Itachi's eyes once again, clearer and darker than the shadows around us, I knew what I would do.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I counted to three and parted my lips. With air I forced from the back of my throat, I said, "E'lish." I coughed from the strain and cringed with how disturbed the word came out. Raspy, unintelligible, and painful to hear. Itachi was quiet and I refused to look at him anymore. I was ashamed. Why? I didn't know. Maybe it was because I couldn't speak? Maybe it's because I kept things from Itachi? It could be because of everything at once.

I jerked when Itachi hugged me from behind. "Thank you." He whispered. And this, I knew, was because I answered him.

I'll tell you more when I'm able to. I'll tell you everything. I promise.

Itachi held me tighter as if he could hear all of me.