1.

She stared at her reflection in the large vanity mirror located in the hallway of her two bedroom, two bathroom home. "I don't like this." She expressed with a small pout.

Her best friend sighed and stood behind her, looking at her through the mirror, "Beyoncé, please.. You're not changing again. Nothing is wrong with what you have on."

"I'm fat!"

"You're healthy!" Her best friend, Kelly emphasized before walking off, "I would die to have your body so shut up and hurry up. We're already like ten minutes late."

Beyoncé soothed the dress down and stared at herself from different angles. Like Kelly said, nothing was wrong with the dress, but because of her sudden weight gain she always felt a little insecure.

 Like Kelly said, nothing was wrong with the dress, but because of her sudden weight gain she always felt a little insecure

"Will anyone I know be here?" Beyoncé asked, grabbing her small clutch. She looked inside to be sure she had everything before grabbing her keys.

"Not really," Kelly shrugged, "Nothing but a bunch of old, white people. I don't know, you may get lucky and find a sugar daddy."

They headed out and Beyoncé locked the front door behind them. She wasn't the slightest bit interested in attending the Great Gatsby themed event, but Kelly had asked her to join and since she wasn't doing anything she decided to take her up on the invitation.

Kelly worked at a prestigious law firm and they were celebrating the CEO's 50th birthday.

Since the event was held on the other side of town, it took them nearly fifteen minutes to arrive which made them even more late. Beyoncé couldn't care less about how late they were. Kelly on the other hand, took pride in appearance and appearing late wasn't a good look.

"Oh bitch," Beyoncé whispered as they walked inside and saw everyone dressed in their fancy dresses and suits, "Everyone looks all elegant and look at me. With my legs and ass all out."

Kelly chuckled and gave Beyoncé the eye, "Are you serious? You look amazing. You're overthinking this right now."

While Kelly greeted a few of her coworkers, Beyoncé shyly stood off to the side watching everyone interact. She had always been more reserved than Kelly, who was the more outgoing and social one. It had been that way since they were children.

"Oh, and this is my best friend Beyoncé! Bey, this is my boss – the famous Mr. McGhee."

Beyoncé smiled and shook his hand, "Hi. Nice to meet you."

"You as well. I hope you all enjoy the night, let loose, and have fun."

Walking side by side, Beyoncé followed Kelly to an empty table where they took a seat. Immediately after, a waiter was walking their way with a bottle of champagne. Beyoncé was highly impressed and gave Kelly a look only she would understand.

"What?" Kelly questioned with a chuckle. The waiter popped the top off and poured the champagne in their glasses, leaving the bottle there for them whenever they needed a refill.