34.

Beyoncé sat alone at a small diner in downtown Dallas. She stared out the window in deep thought, not really paying attention to the many people that were walking by.

It was Friday, so a lot of people were out and about. She could've gone to work but felt as if she needed a day off.

Surprisingly, Jay had her flown back to Dallas just two hours after she told him she wanted to leave. It took a lot out of her to make that decision and she could tell that it took a lot out of him to watch her walk away.

They haven't talked since, but she couldn't get him off her mind. The funeral was more than likely coming to an end and he would be on his way back home. She wasn't sure how things would go when they see each other again, but she had a lot to say.

She debated on sending him a long message, but he was never the guy to read an overly long message. He preferred talking in person and she figured that would be best anyway.

"You look depressed." Beyoncé heard, looking away from the window and at the woman standing in front of her.

" Beyoncé heard, looking away from the window and at the woman standing in front of her

"Well hi Cas, nice to see you." She said sarcastically before standing up to give her friend a hug. She was hoping Kelly could join them but as usual, she bailed at the last minute.

"Nice to see you mamas. So how was Paris? I know y'all had some good sex there."

Beyoncé busted out laughing, unable to contain the smile on her face. Casandra always made her feel so happy. Her energy was exactly what she needed at a time like this.

"We did, actually but we didn't stay long. He had to handle something."

Cas pouted, "Aw, that sucks. But at least you can say you went to Paris. I can't get out of the United States for shit."

Beyoncé laughed and looked down at the menu, "You know what, just because you said that, I'm going to make sure I do something special for you whenever your birthday rolls around."

"Ooh, I can't wait!"

They looked over the menu and finally ordered once the waiter came back to their table. Casandra decided to order a mimosa and a shot of tequila to hold her over until their food came.

"It's sad that we both aren't at work right now." She said before taking the shot to the head. She used her mimosa as her chaser and took a small sip.

"It kind of is, but whatever. I just got back from New York last night. They don't know I'm back yet."

Casandra nodded and stared at her friend. She immediately became concerned when she noticed Beyoncé's puffy eyes.

She put her glass down and cleared her throat, "You okay Bey? I knew something was wrong with you soon as I came in."

Beyoncé softly smiled and looked down at her shaky hands under the table. She never thought her and Jay would come to this point in their relationship.