29.

Beyoncé
August 17, 2020

"Knock, knock."

Beyoncé's eyes never left the computer screen as she heard a voice on the other side of her office door.

"It's open." She said, pressing print on the computer and waiting for the stack of papers to print out.

The door opened and her coworker and new found friend, Casandra walked in holding her hands behind her back.

"What are you doing?" Beyoncé laughed, grabbing the papers off the printer.

Casandra sat in the chair in front of her desk and smiled, "Take a guess."

"I would rather not."

"Please."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and sat with her hands on her chin as she actually thought about what Casandra was hiding.

This was their usual everyday routine since Casandra started over two weeks ago.

They instantly clicked when Beyoncé interviewed her for the position of Dean of Academics. After the interview, they exchanged numbers and been the close of friends since.

Slowly, Casandra revealed what was hidden behind her back. It was only three sheets of paper which instantly made Beyoncé look at her strangely.

"Really?"

"It's not just three pieces of paper!" Casandra said, already knowing what Beyoncé was thinking, "These are tickets."

"Tickets for?"

"You."

She sat the papers on Beyoncé desk so she could see them for herself. Beyoncé braced herself as she read over it and her mouth dropped.

"Aw, wait all of them are for me?"

Casandra laughed, "No, one for you and one for me. And an extra one for whoever you want to bring along."

It was tickets to the Legendary Tour — a tour with all of Beyoncé's 90's favorites including Mary J, Jodeci, Keith Sweat, and a few others.

She would have asked Jay for tickets, but it made her happy knowing Casandra went out of her way to get them instead.

"Cas, this is so sweet. And it's the day before my birthday!"

"Exactly, so this is my birthday present to you. We can have a lit girls night to bring in your birthday."

Beyoncé stood up and pulled her in for a hug, "I love it, I definitely can't wait."

"So who will you be bringing?" Casandra asked, sitting back in the chair while looking down at her ringing phone.